LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    got a 5 10 twin fish was alright bought it cause it was cheap and really wanted a retro at the time. was super bulky but not that bad.... was forced to use it during one of the big swells cause ending up breaking two boards and that was the last one left and of coarse first wave the fin box completely pops out didnt bother fixing just sitting collecting dust never again get one

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    I wonder if Rusty is making money on it?
    not likely. i'm pretty sure whomever is making them now bought the rights to the name outright & owes nothing in royalties to rusty or the other guys who used to shape under that label.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    funny, kona sports came up on one of my searches. they're retailed at 375ish. Those cheap prices tell a whole lot. I wonder if Rusty is making money on it?
    Yeah the sell them so cheap cause they move them fast . Soon as u go over the brigde into Wildwood thats the first place you see. Most shoobies dont wanna shop around they just wanna get a board and get there tennis racket re strung while they wait.

If you go the the water park on the boardwalk you will see hundreds of canyon's hung up as Decore LOL. They didnt they didnt even care how they hung them . Drilled screws right threw the foam LOL

I had one about 7 years ago for a year or two. It was a good deal and i was looking for a wide fat fish for the summer. It was a super fun board for knee to waist high surf and had no complaints with it, especially the price.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    yeah they are for the most part pop outs. If you really want one that bad go to Kona Sporting goods in Wildwood they are the Pop out kings of South Jersey

Dammit!! We already have the Douchebag Kings (Wild Ocean) now we have the Pop Out Kings.

Images
    i bought one for 125$ about 4yrs ago for my brother to start on, its a weird hybrid shape, 7ft 2 but somehow i wouldnt let him use it, i loved it and still ride it today...call me what you want, as stupid as a shape it is fun...and to me thats all that matters.....

oh yea i forgot my profile pic is that board...lol
    Last edited by frylock89; Mar 4, 2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Dammit!! We already have the Douchebag Kings (Wild Ocean) now we have the Pop Out Kings.
    You definitely got that right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    not likely. i'm pretty sure whomever is making them now bought the rights to the name outright & owes nothing in royalties to rusty or the other guys who used to shape under that label.
    This has come up on this board before... Rumor was this guy on Long Beach, NY bought the rights to all those old school labels, Canyon, Surfboards Australia, Spoiler, basically all the really cheap labels you now see the beginners on. Heard he was a real d-bag too.
    My friend bought one, and as much as I protested, he couldnt resist the price. Got 2 dings through the glass the first time out. Said he'll listen to me next time...

Images
    This thread explains it, dont know how true it is:
    http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/sho...?Number=535005

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    This thread explains it, dont know how true it is:
    http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/sho...?Number=535005
    good read up on the history of these boards. gotta love 7 year old threads!!

However, If you think about it, its a good business plan no matter how much you hate it. Summer people who don't want to plop down 700 on a new board see these as attractive. They give surfing a go for a season or two and usually decide to give it up. If they stay with the sport, they sell it and get a real board. If they don't get a real board they should be sent to china to get kicked by a mule.

that being said, shame on canyon, challenger, ect for selling the rights tho their names. They really give those proud old names a black eye, but it probably improves the value of the originals too.