LOGIN | REGISTER

LI Surf on the way???

I think we'd all rather get surf for sunday but it looks like monday and tuesday, if you can play hookey, is going to be some good surf opportunity.

idk monday looks sketchy to me

I know its a changing chart, but looks like different spots on long island are getting green bars and others are getting blue and red bars.
    my spots are currently in the green...

I think will get some nice waves. tomorrow (monday) in the afternoon when the tide goes out.

tuesday will be smaller but cleaner

looks like the spots with a more southerly swell window are working best, though jerz looked insanely good early this morning on the cams. winds still have a lot of west and haven't been turned long enough to really clean it up yet. later this afternoon should improve quite a bit but looking like a tough paddle out for all those noodle arms out there. water temps are no joke either so be ready winter warriors...

swell

From the way it looks, Tuesday should be real sweet, my opinion.... unfortunately I have to work...

(hmm maybe go in late to work if cam shows it early..........)

Images
    I don't know where you guys went or how it was, but I though this was a really fun swell, better then I though it was actually gunna be!

no car so stuck at rockaway which was taking the swell straight on and closing out a bit. monday was heavy all day and not worth the effort until late in the afternoon when the wind switched straight offshore. still a tough paddle out if you're trying to avoid brain freeze. sets stacked and dumping with stiff winds. early tues was about as fun as you could hope for on a cold winter morning. chest high, clean, peeling. dropped off pretty quickly and got deep with the high tide around 9 but still some very fun little waves coming through. good swell but shoulda taken a half day monday and full day tues instead of the other way around...