LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Firewire, Coil ?

I've been surfing for 4 years and currently use a 6'7" Webber Afterburner. I catch almost everything on the board and it has been a good board for me so far. I think I could have gone a little smaller. I'm 5'7" 160lb. I'm looking for a smaller board and have heard good things about Firewire and Coil boards. I'm no expert and want a board that is a little forgiving and still challenging. Any advice?

5'10 firewire dominator..... although you could ride a 5'8 at your weight or even a 5'6

I am almost exactly your size and I just got 5'6 firewire dominator and I love it. Its got lots of volume but at the same time it is super maneuverable. Great all around east coast board. If I were you I wouldnt go any bigger than a 5'10 if you choose a dominator.

I would go coil!!! Just talk to mike and explain to him what your looking for.. I have two coils and love them both.. Read swaylocks and surfermag coil ride reports and ask some questions over there... I would suggest a Flashback fish or a m-80 around the 5'8" to 5'10"

Thanks

Thanks. Still makes it a difficult decision. I guess I have to ride a few. Maybe I'll go in the middle of 5'6" and 5'10" go around 5'8". May be a bit of a transition but sounds doable.

Got a 5'8 spitfire and a sweet potato. I have to say that hands down the spitfire is one of the best boards I've ever owned. The sweet potato is great for those mushy days in the summertime though.

dominators are great boards and very forgiving. The firewire forum is really helpful if you post in there thread. Mark and the rest of the firewire team will get back to you directly. they're really helpful and loyal to there customers

have a 5'8 dom. a 6'2 alternator and a 5'4 sp on the way. i'm 175

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning toward the 5'8" dominator. Called Coil, NO response. Emailed Coil NO response. Everyone says give the business to the local shapers. I would if they responed!

try mike @ coil one more time he is usually good at getting right back to people. If not then cant blame you for going elsewhere...