LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I hear you man, but what I've found is that it's really quiet at that time, not a whole lot of wild life breaking the surface or making any movement that is too noticeable. I find that when the sun has finally risen that it starts poppin all around with pods of bait fish, dolphin, shark, etc., not to say they aren't there the whole time, but I think they like sleeping in too
    i think my paranoia comes from my fav spot growing up on the central coast CA. it's the worlds largest elephant seal breeding ground. never saw anything at that particular spot, but lots of dead seals ripped to sh!t on the beach.

thought about sharks a lot for some reason last time i was in your neck of the woods. but i won't take any **** from some sneaky FL shark... i'll fight against that sh!t. j/k

Images
    I always thought dawn and dusk were the most active times for the landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I always thought dawn and dusk were the most active times for the landlord.
    i thought that to... but the only time i've ever had an encounter was mid day. giant fin came straight at me, submerged, then nothing. and this happened during a lull. didn't know what to do for a minute. paddle in almost having a heart attack. lunch was all-time that day.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    i thought that to... but the only time i've ever had an encounter was mid day. giant fin came straight at me, submerged, then nothing. and this happened during a lull. didn't know what to do for a minute. paddle in almost having a heart attack. lunch was all-time that day.
    Was this on the central coast? Obviously just curious cuz of the prevalence of whitey out there...either way i'm sure that was a tastey lunch.

yep. been false charged by pissed off elephant seals too. but nothing like the real thing to make you shrivel.

Images
    Definitely spooky.

Until I found this forum I never really gave sharks much thought. Saw a few here and there but whateva. Now that I read about someones fear of sharks on a weekly basis, being out solo near dusk kind of creeps me out sometimes.

sharks are one of the best topics! im a little paraniod sometimes...yes, but doesn't affect my decisions about when and where to paddle out. i think it's the same for most people.

Images
    It's only really in the back of my mind if I'm solo w/ no one else around.

Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    i think my paranoia comes from my fav spot growing up on the central coast CA. it's the worlds largest elephant seal breeding ground. never saw anything at that particular spot, but lots of dead seals ripped to sh!t on the beach.

thought about sharks a lot for some reason last time i was in your neck of the woods. but i won't take any **** from some sneaky FL shark... i'll fight against that sh!t. j/k
    Yeah i'd be A LOT more careful if I saw seals torn to sh*t on the beach, that's like a message to all comers letting them know what time it is