LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Its not the size its quality for me. I will go out in anything from knee high to OH but if its super sloppy and unorganized I wont waist my time. In my younger days I woulnt think twice about not going out. Now I sit there and see ppl you when it super choppy getting the snot pounded out of them of doing more paddleing to stay in position then surfing well then just dont see like fun to me

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I know a few old dudes that only surf 3 or 4 times a year, when its really good (chest-head+ and glassy). Usually see 'em out in sept / oct if ever. I dont have the discipline. Im like a crack head plotting on his next rock. "well, its only a little onshore.." "looks decent..." "its not THAT cold..."
    come on dog, hook me up, hoooook me. hahah totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    LMFAO - what does this mean?
    LookMamaFishAllOver?
    Hahaha

I will paddle out in everything unless it's so big I feel like I'm in danger. If I'm alone it has to be clean, if friends are suiting up and it's crap I usually can't resist I go out. Knee High or Head high I will surf and hate when I hear it was fun and I missed it. Most of my old friends (I'm 45) don't surf more than 4 times a year so I have to hang with mostly younger guys. I had a friend who tried to learn to surf one summer back in the early eighties. While we were at a party one time I overheard him telling some girl that "It's not even worth if it's not at least 10 foot" . I always loved that .

Images
    I try to go out anytime there's something rideable out there. In the winter it has to be over knee high and clean to get me out but when it's warm I'll go out for anything that I can get a turn in on.

I haven't been surfing for that long so small waves are still fun for me, I can try and learn new stuff in any size so I just paddle out and try to learn something new. Better than sitting at home...