LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scalp cancer

scalp cancer

I just spent a few hours on the table getting a skin cancer operation on my scalp. Believe me, it sucks. I never thought it would be me because I still have a decent head of hair, but I am older, etc. Now for some pain pills to get me through the night.

Make sure you put the waterproof 50 on your head if you got some skin showing on the top of your head.

I'll be the dork with the strapped-on hat in the lineup this summer.

Images
    sorry to hear that mate...keep your chin up and thanks for the tip.

Hey brother, I wouldn't call that being a dork! Good luck to ya!!

Images
    yea man i'll wear a sick cap every once in awhile...

well

First off, congrats on successful op. That's some heavy $h!t.

Secondly, I read an article in an Aussie surf mag a while back that reviewed tactics for getting lots of waves. Among the strategies was wearing a bathing cap. People get confused, maybe a little spooked/creeped, and most keep their distance. Bingo, you and a few non-lame people get lots of waves.

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    First off, congrats on successful op. That's some heavy $h!t.

Secondly, I read an article in an Aussie surf mag a while back that reviewed tactics for getting lots of waves. Among the strategies was wearing a bathing cap. People get confused, maybe a little spooked/creeped, and most keep their distance. Bingo, you and a few non-lame people get lots of waves.
    If you really want to confuse people, wear a full on Ninja mask.

Actually, I'll rock a full brim hat with a drawstring once in a while in the summer if it's really hot. Keeps my head cool. Surprisingly it doesn't bother me much at all.

Wow... good luck, brother. I feel you... Coincidentally, I had a dermatologist appointment yesterday afternoon (yes... I missed the swell). This time only 7 pre-cancers! I go every 6 months 'cause my Irish a$$ burns under a full moon. I do rub the 50 into my scalp, through my hair. Thanks for the wake-up call.

In the last several years whenever I travel toward the equator I shave the mellon to so I can get the spfs right on the scalp. I just had some skin taken off my temple. This might pinch, really doc I'd hate to see day when it going to hurt..

Images
    My pops had the same issue on his head and ear. He wears a swimming cap now when in the water. The caps all good..just goes to show you put your time in over the years.

good luck...i'm clean so far and get my annual check, but just a matter of time - i remember when i was a kid, before SPF meant anything, my nose and cheeks crisping up every summer to the point of peeling and bleeding...