LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    have 3 in fst tech. best boards period. never poly again. tried going local custom after riding firewire since they first came out 6 years+ and did not like it at all. sold it after a couple months and bought two more firewires since. rediculously durable too

small wave boards i use

I have two that i use. My fave is the HIC arakawa 5-10 superskate fish. Picks up speed quickly and very nimble. I tested it in Hawaii a while back and i was sold on it.

I also a CI Biscuit 6-0. This one also picks up quick and may be a tad easier to ride on really mushy days.

I have heard that a sweet potato is good as confirmed on here. Havent tried it but would like to! any input would be great.

buy an alaia. super easy to catch waves on. tons of drive out of turns

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    buy an alaia. super easy to catch waves on. tons of drive out of turns
    Lots of hold off the bottom...

the friction btw the wood and salt water give it its power through big turns

Images
    Seriously though, I ordered a Bill Johnson Module through Sweetwater and that board is incredible. Leaps of fun in thigh-waist high runners (as long as they're hollow enough) and is sill very functional in more serious stuff, has that drive off the front foot to drive through barrels and loves the pocket...

When it on the mushier side I'll take out my self-shaped mini-simmons and while it takes a ride or two to get used to the overall width of the thing, that board is too much fun and is great if you can't either afford a log or don't want to lug one around. It rides almost as much as a log can. almost. But when it looks too weak for a shortboard, I'm surprised at how much fun I have on the mini-simmons.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    or you can just go to costco or sams club and buy a 100 dollar wavestorm. at first it takes a few waves to get used to but afterwards you can have so much fun. i have one just to ride on crowded small days, but ill take it out in any size mushy surf now. plus if you hit something or someone it wont dent. and btw im a avid shortboarder i just wanted a board to ride on small days where i couldnt take my shortboard out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    plus if you hit something or someone it wont dent..
    Yeah. Like me.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by terra-firma intolerant View Post
    Yeah. Like me.
    o man good times. thank god for those cheap plastic fins.