LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    Wahington dc Maryland and NY tags at my spot
    "your spot"???

Find a new spot...

True that think I'll start going to Long branch I here it gets pretty good there...
    Has any one been to Long Branch to surf how is it there?
    What Street do I go to?
    Where do I park?
    What board do I ride?
    Do I need a wet suit?
    Are the people in the water friendly?
    Should I bring friends or surf there alone?
    Are there sharks?
    How are the resurants?
    What is the gps coordinance to the best place to surf right hand waves?
    Would any one like to go with me?
    haha JK but this is what this forum has turned into..
    oh yea and I always surf for 4 hrs and the waves are always like chest high to head high +
    Can any one hang with me oh yea everyone can..
    Guys seriously I am a tri athlete been surfing for 20+ yrs and I cant surf a 4 hours session wearing a 5/4 in chest to stomach waves(if I actually am catching waves) lets just get real

Yeah Saturday was super clean and glassy, and HOLLOW. PERFECT. The the onshores started RIPPING at around 3pm. I boogied on out and headed home. Today was another picture perfect day. Should have surf again tomorow!

more tomorrow perhaps and if bauer shows up here before 3:30 he'll be alone after 3:30 he'll have miles of beachbreak with just me instead of his spot it sounds like everybody's spot ortley through mantoloking has been good this weekend around high tide come on down i'll be in chadwick nobody out i love cams no one comes here

Thanks Bro!

4 hours today in NJ. Fun with chest high sets. Not much crowd, unless you count the 3 seals that came into the lineup!

First time I ever saw seals here in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    What is the gps coordinance to the best place to surf right hand waves?
    Hahahah! Got a kick out of that one, brother...

Nobody likes crowds, especially when it's a lot of non-locals. Not that I care about where people come from, but if you're not local, chances are you'll inadvertently find yourself in the way of those who have the place wired. But if you're complaining about it during the winter.... come on, man!

What I'm trying to say is, we're all creatures of habit, and we like "our spots." But if you take some time to seek out and surf other places, you can be pleasantly surprised. My local parking lot was loaded with cars from NY and PA from Friday through the weekend, in addition to the normal weekend crowd. So I went somewhere else. Yesterday a friend and I had a prime spot to ourselves for nearly two hours just a couple miles down the road from the pack of kooks with their NSPs and GoPro cameras.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Mar 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Hahahah! Got a kick out of that one, brother...

Nobody likes crowds, especially when it's a lot of non-locals. Not that I care about where people come from, but if you're not local, chances are you'll inadvertently find yourself in the way of those who have the place wired. But if you're complaining about it during the winter.... come on, man!

What I'm trying to say is, we're all creatures of habit, and we like "our spots." But if you take some time to seek out and surf other places, you can be pleasantly surprised. My local parking lot was loaded with cars from NY and PA from Friday through the weekend, in addition to the normal weekend crowd. So I went somewhere else. Yesterday a friend and I had a prime spot to ourselves for nearly two hours just a couple miles down the road from the pack of kooks with their NSPs and GoPro cameras.
    wow, i didn't see too much of that around this weekend. i did head a bit south, but it was thinned out and plenty of waves to go around. not quite summer yet...

and for the new yorkers, they're generally pretty cool when we head up there so i try to treat them w/ the same hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    ...and got out when it started to get a bit mushy and disorganized.
    and that is when i arrived. and all everyone was talkin about was how great it was earlier ........ faillll

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    Friday was head with some oh saturday was stomach to shoulder Sunday was waist with occasional chest sets rolling in and glassy in the morning. I feel like a new man haha.
    Solid three days. Can't agree more with your last sentence. Waves, sun, and st. pattys day celebration. What a weekend!