LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    boards this style work well in certain conditions but are awkward on takeoffs in any kind of size or steep or in windy conditions they look like they're flapping around and not at all smooth they look all chopped up no style.maybe good for air,small or mush

nose is 13.5" sorry.

Thanks everyone. I'm just throwing around ideas for my next board which I would prefer to have shaped locally. I've only surfed thrusters and was throwing around the idea of a small-medium wave board like the white diamond. It appears to hold on heavier days too. I'm also thinking about a twin keel fish. I'm just not sure how a twin fin will feel especially backside after only surfing thrusters.

Get a White Diamond type shape with a Thruster/Quad option (5 fin boxes). Can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm just throwing around ideas for my next board which I would prefer to have shaped locally. I've only surfed thrusters and was throwing around the idea of a small-medium wave board like the white diamond. It appears to hold on heavier days too. I'm also thinking about a twin keel fish. I'm just not sure how a twin fin will feel especially backside after only surfing thrusters.
    i work at bethany surf shop and had WRV shape me a 5'7 version of the white diamond, works great, one of the best boards i own. ordered some for shop and even picked up roberts boards to carry in summer. we should have them for sail soon in wrv and roberts

Anyone in vb rock one of these? Just curious about performance and versatility with what we get around here. I can scoop one for 250. Thoughts please

Got the white diamond last winter and def my go to board

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    Anyone in vb rock one of these? Just curious about performance and versatility with what we get around here. I can scoop one for 250. Thoughts please
    do it! i just picked up a white diamond & i absolutely LOVE the thing! can't say enough good things about it...i've had the imitators...a dumpster diver & a neckbeard from ci, a locally shaped dumpster diver style board...nothing comes close to how good this thing is. definitely my go-to summer board from waist high to head high.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    do it! i just picked up a white diamond & i absolutely LOVE the thing! can't say enough good things about it...i've had the imitators...a dumpster diver & a neckbeard from ci, a locally shaped dumpster diver style board...nothing comes close to how good this thing is. definitely my go-to summer board from waist high to head high.

This is the response I have been looking for (despite the reviews and advice I have gotten from others)! Thanks NJ

I had been looking at the Lost boards until I saw this board.
    Last edited by KillaKiel; Jul 11, 2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Making sense

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post

BTW, what type of fins do you use? Just curious