LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Monmouth Surf Shops

What are the best surf shops in Monmouth County?

I think Brave New World is the best all around shop in the area. Big selection of everything. Inlet/outlet in squan has a big selection as well...

Images
    No offense but Brave sold out a long time ago and is hated by most. Inlet Outlet was my local and I think they are good but I moved further north and right now, if I shop, I go to BareWires Surf Shop in Spring Lake. They're the new guy on the block and still small but so are their prices.

Images
    inlet outlet was a great store in squan. it might still be too, but i think the original wner (dnt remeber his name) sold the store and moved to surf out his last days.

Images
    ^ Kenny Klos? haha, he's a photographer now you'll see him with his telephoto at the inlet or girt when it's going off. Pretty sure he still owns it. Just underpays someone to completely run it for him. He travels and sits back and rakes in the dough. Especially during the Summer 50% off liquidation sale. Line goes around the block to get in the door. The best part is, if you buy the "I'm a local card" for like $40/year you get in three days before. <---- That line is even longer than the one when the sale "officially" starts.

Great shop to have as my local when growing up though. I stop in there from time to time but it seems more like a social status scene now than a place to grab some wax.

Images
    Brave New World in Little Silver is much more legit. No f*cking Tommy Bahama or Lily Pulitzer shi!t on display. The original BNW store isn't in Monmouth county.
    Last edited by stoneybaloney; Mar 18, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

for repairs you have to go to my man Rob at OG surf shop in neptune right between asbury and bradley. The guy's a pro. I had a fin box rip out of my retro fish...he put in new future boxes(totally different size) and its like it was originally shaped and glassed with futures. He always does more work than he's asked.

Eastern lines has a pretty solid board selection. Lots of ricky carrol and JC hawaii

Spellbinders is a bitt on the pricey side. Good selection though. - al merrick central

I should probably take a gander at bare wires...I pass it on my commute

Where the hell is 3rd ave surf shop nowadays? I know it was on the main drag in spring lake for a bit but then it moved out by the circle, and now i have no idea where it is.

Stoke boka what a joke - 1200 wall hanger boards
    Last edited by RightCoastRipper; Mar 18, 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Lightly Salted in Asbury has a good vibe and a few choice boards. Worth stopping in.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Lightly Salted in Asbury has a good vibe and a few choice boards. Worth stopping in.
    Great shop/people but very small. They do carry Rainbow and Chaize boards though, so that's awesome.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Great shop/people but very small. They do carry Rainbow and Chaize boards though, so that's awesome.
    its not nice to make fun of small people