LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mission Beach/Spring Lake
    Posts
    830

    Invest in this!!!!!

    http://surfboardshapingmachine.com/s...es_pricing.htm

    I am looking for 19 other investors that can scratch together $3,250 USD.
    4 boards an hour = $1600 an hour (if you sell for $400) Investment can be returned in 1 work week or 40.625 hours.....

    anybody really good at glassing?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    905
    Images
    8
    aren't you moving to cali in like 2 weeks?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mission Beach/Spring Lake
    Posts
    830
    Not if i can make $1,600 an hour.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    905
    Images
    8
    good point. But what are the other costs associated with this?

    blanks
    glass
    resin
    overhead
    labor
    fins

    are you looking for silent investors?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belmaaa
    Posts
    318
    I'll do the R&D

  6. #6
    I have seen these machines in action, they had a few at the fibrecraft facility when it was Seasoned Surfboards. There WILL be a lot of hidden cost with operation, maintenance, and supplies. No to mention the space and electricity required to run it. Do you know 400 people looking for pop-outs? Expect to pay for a machine of this type 3-4 times again in its lifetime. Dont take it from me, im no engineer...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I have seen these machines in action, they had a few at the fibrecraft facility when it was Seasoned Surfboards. There WILL be a lot of hidden cost with operation, maintenance, and supplies. No to mention the space and electricity required to run it. Do you know 400 people looking for pop-outs? Expect to pay for a machine of this type 3-4 times again in its lifetime. Dont take it from me, im no engineer...
    I concur with Lee on this one. Your bottom line will be in the red for a while with this idea. The up-keep alone on this thing will really boost your overhead. Take it from me, I'm kind of an accountant.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mission Beach/Spring Lake
    Posts
    830
    I was partially kidding - i wish i had the balls to start my own company.
    I was just curious what the cost for a machine is, i was kinda suprised, $65k seems really cheap. I know there are alot of other cost - fixed and variable, but what business doesnt.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    I was partially kidding - i wish i had the balls to start my own company.
    I was just curious what the cost for a machine is, i was kinda suprised, $65k seems really cheap. I know there are alot of other cost - fixed and variable, but what business doesnt.
    You've got the ambition, just need a leaner plan. You could do a lot more with 65k, than buy something that will only depreciate.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    http://surfboardshapingmachine.com/s...es_pricing.htm

    I am looking for 19 other investors that can scratch together $3,250 USD.
    4 boards an hour = $1600 an hour (if you sell for $400) Investment can be returned in 1 work week or 40.625 hours.....

    anybody really good at glassing?
    Why buy that? You could get a used CC machine for way less. If your interested PM me. I won't be back in the states till Monday tho.