LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    not to put a damper on your dreams but 2/3 of businesses fail in the first 7 years, so odds are it wouldn't work. and even after that you hardly have the first mover advantage so finding an area in the market to capitalize would be slim to none. i have often thought of/dreamed of starting my own shaping business, but for the most part the market is already full of reputable shapers and unless you have an innovative product to introduce, it wouldn't really work too great

BOard Design

Well if you need someone to design and draw for you let me know. I do CAD work for a living and I can take photos of any board and as long as know the dimensions (need a good photo) I can scale the board up or down and draw the outline. I give these to drawings to my shaper. I can convert my drawing into DXF files which is the file type most CNC machines use. Anyway need help with the design aspect let me know.

Images
    instead of being your own shaper, you should hook up with local shapers to increase their own output by shaping their models. You won't have to worry about glassing. You just copy their shapes and deliver to their factories. You get a piece of the pie. It wont pay for itself for a long time, but i think its a better buisness model than all inclusive shaper/glasser ect.. CI uses a machine dont they?

Images
    Should have known DaMook would find a way to make this lucrative...