LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new format...

I dont like the google maps on the home page. I would rather the wave maps chart like it used to be.

Images
    When I go to the OCMD surf report page there isn't a live cam Icon @ top of surf report page right below the wave hgt,period, etc graph the way it used to. Actually no live ocmd cam icon @ all.

If you click on the surf reports, it comes up with: An error occurred Application error
    On that same page with the error if you click on reports & go to the mid atlantic, then ocmd you get error stack 23 or 24 before it loads. If it does load you get custom_ocsurfcam.php to the right side of page, nothing for report date, wave height, conditions do say head high & green , stoke factor=red x in the box. At the left of the page with local surf reporter as Bunger surf shop in Babylon, NY

Micah, I know the format has changed & some things are still being worked out. Just letting you know some of the things I noticed.

Images
    Who uses the homepage? I rarely go to it. I have my bookmark set to my home break forecast page.

Images
    chuck.... I have to make a fix in order for the ocmd surf cam to work in the new template. I'll see if I can get to that this morning.

I do understand some people liked the wave maps on the home page, but it was really a big use of space, and I think it is more relevant to go to your local surf forecast page where you have all the info and maps.

I'd like to see the sat images mixed in with the wave maps

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    I'd like to see the sat images mixed in with the wave maps
    I tried working with the satellite data in the past, but it was really tricky. Will have to look into it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I tried working with the satellite data in the past, but it was really tricky. Will have to look into it again.
    I remember a few years ago surfline tried to work with something along those lines and failed pretty badly... It was glitchy and extremely user un-friendly... I have faith you can pull it off !!

sick cant believe u do all this 4 a free site

quick question/suggestion:

I like how you now have a "like" button on the videos, and I think it would be cool if there was a like button for each comment in a thread. It would be interesting to see what comment people like the most, and will also create smaller threads since people won't comment just to say they agree with a comment someone made earlier. Just a suggestion...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    quick question/suggestion:

I like how you now have a "like" button on the videos, and I think it would be cool if there was a like button for each comment in a thread. It would be interesting to see what comment people like the most, and will also create smaller threads since people won't comment just to say they agree with a comment someone made earlier. Just a suggestion...
    thanks... we'll get more sophisticated as we go