LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: homemade WaX

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I made a bunch of wax today . Micheals sell 1lbs block of bees wax for 17 bucks and a thing for coconut oil for 9 dollars , and some plastic containers with lids for a buck and the dollare store.

I filled a pot with water half way let it come to a boil , I used a old vegtable can to put 1 part coconut oil and 3 parts bees wax in the can and put it in the pot unitl it all melted down . Poured into resuseable containers and let it cool .

It cool and is a white color . The wax I seen on some videos was a brown color . I guess thats cause they added Pine Sap to the mix . I am gonna try it tomorrow and see how it works
    sounds great , thanks for the info!

couple Q: for ya
    what does pine sap do to the wax??
    does it work in all water temps ????
    is it true more coconut oil make it sticky and less = more clumpy ?

thanks, all the best

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    sounds great , thanks for the info!

couple Q: for ya
    what does pine sap do to the wax??
    does it work in all water temps ????
    is it true more coconut oil make it sticky and less = more clumpy ?

thanks, all the best
    the video I watched they used Pine Sap they didnt explain why in the process so I used the Pallmetto BV organic Surf wax formula which is just Bees Wax and coconut oil which really isnt oil like u would see such as cooking oil it more of a paste.

Pallmetto BV organic wax say there formula works in all temps and it can be coated smooth or be layed in humps . I used the same formula as they did so I will give it a go tomorrow if I can get out and report my results back

I uses the ratio of 3 parts bees wax and 1 part coconut oil ( I just eyeballed it)

when i search for coconut oil i get food aand vitamins stuff

can i get the name of your product ?

Images
    I got it at shoprite it from a company call Spectrum and you can find it where the cooking and olive oils are at

Images
    I tried my first batch today . I didnt have time to strip a board and make a fresh coat of all orgainc so I just had to apply it to a board the had Sticky bumps cold water wax on it.

It took a little bit for it coat the exhisting wax but i think that the 2 diffent waxes issue and if it all orgainc going on a a fresh board that it should go on a bit better.

Far as grip it grips good , it feel just like name brand non eco wax.

I am gonna make another batch up and play with the mix ratio. I am gonna pick up on of those cups for mixing 2 cyc fuel that has a ratio guide on the for a more acurate messurment

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I tried my first batch today . I didnt have time to strip a board and make a fresh coat of all orgainc so I just had to apply it to a board the had Sticky bumps cold water wax on it.

It took a little bit for it coat the exhisting wax but i think that the 2 diffent waxes issue and if it all orgainc going on a a fresh board that it should go on a bit better.

Far as grip it grips good , it feel just like name brand non eco wax.

I am gonna make another batch up and play with the mix ratio. I am gonna pick up on of those cups for mixing 2 cyc fuel that has a ratio guide on the for a more acurate messurment
    Nice.. I bought 1lb bees wax and coconut oil , bit expensive I hope I get at least 30 bars out of it, also got a plastic soap molds for dif shapes.

Is it bad to put a lot of coconut oil?

Images
    Nice.. I bought 1lb bees wax and coconut oil , bit expensive I hope I get at least 30 bars out of it, also got a plastic soap molds for dif shapes.

Is it bad to put a lot of coconut oil?
    I guess it would be I did what the movie I said on You tube far as wax to cocnut oil ratio

I know a guy who has bees and makes there own honey I am gonna get wax off of him once he starts up agian when the weather gets warmer.

You should ask around your town and see if you got any bee keepers in your area

Images
    I know this thread is a couple months old but I want to bump it up and see how the wax has been working out for you guys. I've been wanting to make some for a while but haven't got around to it yet so I wanted to see what kind of mix ratio you settled on and how you like it.

call my sister

Also how do I get it to smell like, wana eat it type of scent.

Thanks for the suggestions
    Staystoked.
    call my sister