LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: homemade WaX

  1. #31
    wax came out nice, smelt good and i made cool shapes... but the traction sucked , i have like 15 bars laying around, but i still buy sticky bumps... it was a fun experiment though

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    Mine was okay traction could have been better. Nextime I will up the pine sap amount per pour. hopefully it will make it a bit more tacky

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    44
    Images
    9
    They make this S--t they been making it for years just like you buy a soda, coffee, juice, at the store thats already made for you they have many different brands its called wax and its easy to get its pretty cheap so you can load up on it and store in garage strips off pretty easy in the sun dont be a fool.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    840
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    wax came out nice, smelt good and i made cool shapes... but the traction sucked , i have like 15 bars laying around, but i still buy sticky bumps... it was a fun experiment though
    Good to know, I guess I'll just stick with sticky bumps for now. Ive been trying some of that organic wax but can't really get it to bump up very well. I'll just have to keep trying some different kinds until I find some organic stuff that works.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by billyharry View Post
    They make this S--t they been making it for years just like you buy a soda, coffee, juice, at the store thats already made for you they have many different brands its called wax and its easy to get its pretty cheap so you can load up on it and store in garage strips off pretty easy in the sun dont be a fool.
    Yeah but wax you buy in the store thats non organic has silicons and other chemical that are bad for the ocean and its sea life. Why pollute your playground ?

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Yeah but wax you buy in the store thats non organic has silicons and other chemical that are bad for the ocean and its sea life. Why pollute your playground ?
    board manufacturing is obscenely worse. wax stays on the board.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LBI
    Posts
    905
    Images
    1
    crayons and paint thinner

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    board manufacturing is obscenely worse. wax stays on the board.
    Yes it stays on your board but over time as the life span of that wax on the board gets shorter . Chemicals in in the wax release and go into the water.

  9. #39
    matunas makes organic wax but its japanese i think so there goes the environmental debate cuz of the shipping and such. plus all the manufacturing uses petrolium. pollution irks me as bad as anyone but face it we cant cut it all out unless we give it up. i doubt the release by breaking down of wax is a major player in ocean pollution. everything ends up in the ocean. unfortunately

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    I tried this stuff I actually liked it once I found out what it was made of I made my own

    http://www.palmettosurfproducts.com/html/products

Tags for this Thread