LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phishphansurferfromnj View Post
    thanks for the kind words goffy. glad you understand why this is important to me.

anybody get out and surf today? it was great here in atlantic city in the afternoon. got out for 2 hours chest high and clean. very fun session!!
    i was out down the road from you. it was very fun. make sure to post up the pics of the finished job!

damook where did you surf today? i surfed st.james avenue in ac. it was really good but very crowded like 20-30 guys out. i still had alot of fun though plenty of waves to go around. got like 10-15 good waves!!

Images
    It was about the same in Cape May Chest to Shoulder up in the north end About 10 guys out it was so fun .

I would get in contact with the shaper and ask to see the progress on the board . If he say not demand it ... I would

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    It was about the same in Cape May Chest to Shoulder up in the north end About 10 guys out it was so fun .

I would get in contact with the shaper and ask to see the progress on the board . If he say not demand it ... I would
    i asked the guys at the surf shop if i could stop buy the shapers shop to see the progress of the board and he told me the shaper does not let people do that. they won't give me his phone number either.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phishphansurferfromnj View Post
    i asked the guys at the surf shop if i could stop buy the shapers shop to see the progress of the board and he told me the shaper does not let people do that. they won't give me his phone number either.
    well if the shaper has his own line of boards he probally has a website.

The way I see it is that its your money and u have the right to see what the progress if your board is . If they cant agree to that tell them to give you you cash and and the boards back , that really fuct up that they wouldnt give you any info. You havent mentioned the shop or the shaper so it best to keep the secret with you

the thing is i only know the shapers first name and i can't find any info on him online. i do know that he does good work and was told by a friend to use him.
    Last edited by phishphansurferfromnj; Mar 25, 2011 at 02:37 AM.

hey matt johnson i sent you a private message about the whole situation. check it out and write me back.

They said it would take until mid Feb, so even though it's been 5 months, it's not that late. Honestly, I'm to the point that I just expect boards to always take longer then the shop estimates. In the rare instance they are on time, I consider myself lucky.

My last custom was as late as your refurbish job, and mine was just a new board which was supposed to be done much quicker than your estimate. I would sit tight and try and be patient. If you decide to press it with the shop, deal with owner if you can. The kids working at the shop I ordered from would each give me a different answer. The owner on the other hand was straight about it, as was the shaper. I would keep in regular contact with them about it.

It does seem a little odd that you can't speak to the shaper directly. That would make me a tad uncomfortable. But it's probably nothing.

It's better to have the board back late, and be done right, then to have them rush it and do a bad job.