LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thanks for your help everyone.
    Last edited by phishphansurferfromnj; Mar 23, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    not if its surfer supplies. they are legit and stand by their work. If your getting a full on reglass i can see the cost. its going to take some time to get it all right. they are a pretty popular shop so i wouldnt be suprised by the backlog.
    SS was my first local and they are definitely legit.

Spring is definitely backlog time, and the shop sounds legit, but it still sounds like they could give you a better time for the delivery date.

A few years ago i ordered a custom board in january from a local shop, and they kept giving me the same bull**** that you are getting, "oh next week, next week next week"... Finally i got so frustrated, that by the time june rolled around i drove down to the shaper, and he said he had never gotten the order. After another week of phone calls and ridiculousness, i finally figured out that the shop had faxed the custom order to the wrong phone number! I was pretty mad, but it was a legit shop, and as retribution they gave me 50% off any board in the shop i wanted. (by that time they had one that was pretty close to what i was ordering anyway)

moral of the story: even legit shops make ridiculous mistakes sometimes, i would check up on it if i were you.
    Last edited by epidemicepic; Mar 23, 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phishphansurferfromnj View Post
    . the board is a 7'8 fain's formula greg noll.?
    Kudos for bringing Greg Knoll back to life

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phishphansurferfromnj View Post
    thanks for your help everyone. have you ever seen any major work done on boards from the shaper at surfers supplies? if so how was it? i've seen some of his minor work but nothing major.
    you should be happy with the results for 500$, because they are legit and will do the job right. please post up pics and the results when its finished because I would like to know what 500$ in repairs for a board looks like. Do you have any before pics of the board?

after reading through this thread, w/ what you asked for, & the fact that you took it to supplies makes me wonder if you have any clue how much labor is involved in what you asked & how much of a pain in the @$$ it is for them to do.
    honestly, you sound kinda like a kook & you've probably ruined that board.

5 hundo!? shoulda just got a new board.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    after reading through this thread, w/ what you asked for, & the fact that you took it to supplies makes me wonder if you have any clue how much labor is involved in what you asked & how much of a pain in the @$$ it is for them to do.
    honestly, you sound kinda like a kook & you've probably ruined that board.
    how did i ruin the board? you don't even know what the condition was before i took it there. it was horrible and needed alot of work. i'm not worried about the value of the board it's an awesome old school board. i'm planing on riding it not hanging it on a wall. it needed certain things to be done to it to make it rideable again.

also it is sentimental value to me. it's my uncles old board who passed away who was a great person and a great surfer. i'm going to surf it in honor of him. it won't be my go to board but i will take it out alot. it's a 7'8 greg noll fain's formula and it's kind of egg shape.

Images
    Dude, don't make any excuses. Its your money and your board. F*ck the haters, just make sure you get what you pay for.