LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile wetsuit question?

i live in new jersey and im buying a wetsuit to start surfing from about mid april to late june till when i dont need a suit anymore. I was wondering how think of a wetsuit should i get. i usually get pretty cold easily so i was thinking of getting a 4/3 but than someone told me it would be to warm to wear that in may/ early june. help would be appreciated

Images
    Better to be too warm then too cold IMO. If you have low body fat, you'll be good in the 4/3 suit. You might be a little chilly in April-early May though.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Better to be too warm then too cold IMO. If you have low body fat, you'll be good in the 4/3 suit. You might be a little chilly in April-early May though.
    exactly what i thought. yeah i have low body fat :P thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    exactly what i thought. yeah i have low body fat :P thanks
    Me too. I wear my 3/2 into the end of June usually, starting in early May with torso thermal. I wish I just had the 4/3 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Me too. I wear my 3/2 into the end of June usually, starting in early May with torso thermal. I wish I just had the 4/3 instead.
    you have any preference in brand of wet suit? and i see you live in monmouth county, so do i

Images
    you have any preference in brand of wet suit? and i see you live in monmouth county, so do i
    I buy Hyperflex because I can't afford Xcel or O'neill, but if you have the money the latter two are the best brands. If you live in Monmouth, join my facebook page

If you think you will never be surfing in the winter, then just get a 3/2. You'll be more comfortable. I have like 7% body fat (i just finished wrestling) and i was overheating 2 weeks ago when i had a 4/3, in 42 degree water. go with the 3/2 unless you really think you're going to surf in the winter.

Images
    And see I wore my 6/5/4 last Friday (77 air temp) and I was just right. The thing that sucks is moving around with more rubber than you need. (that's what she said)

"i was overheating 2 weeks ago when i had a 4/3, in 42 degree water." that seems pretty extreme. do you get cold easily? and i would love to stoney but the link in your sig doesnt work :[

Images
    "i was overheating 2 weeks ago when i had a 4/3, in 42 degree water." that seems pretty extreme. do you get cold easily? and i would love to stoney but the link in your sig doesnt work :[
    http://www.facebook.com/MoCoSurfers