LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    In all seriousness, a wise man once said to me "if someone calls you a kook, you probably are one, or at least exhibited kookish behavior".
    I once said if someone calls you a kook, they are probably one...guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    but but all my bros at the Hollister store say I really rip!!!!

In all seriousness, a wise man once said to me "if someone calls you a kook, you probably are one, or at least exhibited kookish behavior".
    ..... kook

im not even kidding, I like were this thread is headed. Im glad that im not the only one in the world that knows when to wear his 3/2.

PS a good way to call kooks, kooks, without offending them... call them Larry's. Thats what we call em at "my spot" (and its mine because god came to me in a dream and appointed me ruler of that spot)

This thread is pretty funny. And makes clear why I surf with my friends and don't make friends with people who surf. Stop kidding yourselves people, none of us like eachother. When you become and adult (some of you will be there soon) you start caring less about the people that take up space and caring more about the people you care about. I go out get waves, smile and wave to people I recognize on the beach or in the water. They do their thing Ill do mine. The world has room for all of us.

Images
    Lee, this reminds me of when I worked at the beach umbrella stand and people would ask questions like. Are their dolphins out there? or where is the best place on the beach to sit?

Quote Originally Posted by instantkarma View Post
    Stop kidding yourselves people, none of us like eachother.
    Hahahaha! Oh, man... perfect.

hey,bro,don't be such a hater,so what if i live a million miles from the ocean,the ocean is for everybody,and i'll paddle out and sit right next to you on saturday,so don't call me a kook

Where all the white women at????

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    There's also the "local kook", like fat old guys who bring out the Buick logs twice a summer so their wives can take pictures as proof that they're "surfers".
    I understand, some "old guys" are not "KooKs" and to paint them with the same brush might not really be fair to those "old guys" that might deserve more respect. If they handle their Longboard ("log") from years of experience, choice wave selection, ride the wall and not the foam and applies line up etiquette even if the wife wants to take his picture because "my old guy" can still surf he certainly has risen above "Kook" status. I'm not say'n "old guys rule" we don't, but don't throw us all of us under the bus just be more observing the next session separating the experience "loggers" from the weekend warriors.

Images

PS a good way to call kooks, kooks, without offending them... call them Larry's.
    or Bobby's