LOGIN | REGISTER

end of season wetsuit deals

looking to get a new suit for the rest of the cold season and to use next year. ive come across two great deals on 5/4 suits so i want to know if any of you have had experience with them.

oneill mutant 5/4 w/removeable hood.
    hyperflex flow 5/4 w/attached hood.

both i found same price around $220. Are these suits similar? what do you guys think would be the better buy?
    Last edited by NJSwell; Mar 24, 2011 at 05:04 PM.

Images
    I've heard good things about the mutant. I know a lot of people like hyperflex but at the same price I would have to say the mutant is a better suit. The flow might be more durable but I think the mutant is probly more flexible.

just got a new mutant this season. I was sweating in february. Can't go wrong

Definately go with the Mutant.

I have a amp 3.2 from hyperflex and (It might just be me) I feel like the material used is a much lower quality then other suits. Above the knee pad on the right leg, it is completely worn down. It's no biggy cuz its a 3.2 so cold water leaking in, isnt that big of a deal, but when the water is super cold, you dont want your rubber wearing down on you.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    Definately go with the Mutant.

I have a amp 3.2 from hyperflex and (It might just be me) I feel like the material used is a much lower quality then other suits. Above the knee pad on the right leg, it is completely worn down. It's no biggy cuz its a 3.2 so cold water leaking in, isnt that big of a deal, but when the water is super cold, you dont want your rubber wearing down on you.
    and thats not good. thats when you gotta fork out some hard earned cash.

I would go with the Mutant...I have a 5/4 Mutant, the removable hood system is easy to switch out and keeps a lot of cold water from rushing down your back....I have a 4/3 mutant from a couple years ago, and my new 5/4 has way more flexibility than the 4/3, so they must have made big improvements within a couple years.