LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: surf buddies

You can't put a price on good sessions, and you never know when it is gonna happen, and that's one of the biggest reasons I am always ready to go.

And like I said on here before, I'm the most dedicated surfer I know, and everybody else should feel the same way about themselves.

Don't cha know, for some dudes its like a dog and pony show.

Images
    damook is sad reading these posts because i'm am usually lone wolf packing it every time i go. i gave up on friends a long time ago and just surf by myself. relying on friends slows me down especially since the wind can change at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    damook is sad reading these posts because i'm am usually lone wolf packing it every time i go. i gave up on friends a long time ago and just surf by myself. relying on friends slows me down especially since the wind can change at any moment.
    True that Lone wolf here also.. gave up on the friends long time ago.. Funniest thing is they talk the game look the part but dont even get wet I hit every swell.. Friends suck and hold you back..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    True that Lone wolf here also.. gave up on the friends long time ago.. Funniest thing is they talk the game look the part but dont even get wet I hit every swell.. Friends suck and hold you back..
    they definitly hold you back. if i say i'm leaving my house at 5:30am, i'm leaving at 5:30am period. i'm not waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    they definitly hold you back. if i say i'm leaving my house at 5:30am, i'm leaving at 5:30am period. i'm not waiting for you.
    Yea bro I am even like I'll text you where I paddle out and if they show fine if not whatever.

I "had" one friend who always talks surf looks like a surfer from the 80's had gone surfing sign on his porch etc etc.. Never took a trip with me but would tell everyone he was going to where ever I was going and made it sound like it was his trip most likely he didnt even know how to find it on a map.. Anyway he would be like we surfing tomorrow? I would pick him up usually he would be a sleep still or fumbling around to find a bootie or glove then he would need coffe then we would get to the surf it would be firing and he would be like ill meet you out there! and never paddle out Or say damn looks bigger than I thought and would not suit up making excuses. If it were small like knee to waist he would be the first one out there"charging" haha oh well everyone has there preferences I guess and some people even know they are friends aren't compatable when it comes to surfing.

Images
    people are weird. people like to say they surf to sound special, to boost they're self esteem, and to be cool or whatever. This group is made up of people who really surf, and people who just say they surf. Both are annoying as f*ck. People don't know i surf until they see what im looking at on the pc, or ask me what I did this weekend/yesterday. I dont go out of my way to do it. I'm happily married with kids so there's no need for me to impress. For many out there they still need to impress.

I know one guy who does surf, he's pretty good, but brags brags brags. He brags about his surfing, his big house (parents bought it), his car, how far he swims, how far he runs, his last trip to hawaii and how "epic" it was and all the pros he saw and wanted to give blowj0bs to. blah blah blah. He surfs at the most crowded spots becusae he's so epic and the photogs are always out. What a ***. He also has 3 kids which he never mentions. Priorities huh? I f'ing hate that guy.

Anyway, i never rely on friends and have low respect for posers, and good surfers who aren't humble.

well put feel the same way ...