Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
Correct. Its really the only notable spot on any map down there. I just didn't want to ruffle any local feathers. I guess its obviously no secret =)

But yeah, a couple buddies told me that when swell arrives on HHI, the gaskin banks etc kill quiet a bit of power as the swells come in. So they said when swell is there, 99% of the island can still be ankle high. And then you get to Burkes, and there is a decent (chest high) wave. I looked at google maps, and from the photo they took, it looks like there are waves breaking at burkes, and literally not a ripple throughout the whole rest of the island....

I knew no one with experience there would come out and tell me that HHI is the pipeline of the east coast and gets incredible or anything. I just have heard from some guys I know that they have caught fun swell down on HHI, while others have told me more of a "There is never anything there" kind of thing....

I guess I will have to hope Burkes will pick up some swell throughout my visits...

Stoney: I for SURE am bringing the clubs... That place is SICK for golf... too bad the cheapest green fees down there are like $150... CRAZY! and that is for the cheap, low budget courses... Harbour Town and all those PGA courses are like $300+ for 18 holes!!!!

I currently play Torrey Pines South for $36!!!! HHI is freakin expensive to golf!
Actually I played 18 holes for a 65.00 fee. It depends on what time of day you play. It seems there is about 20 local surfers on the island. I met a guy named John that was a really killer dude. Everyone seemed pretty laid back there. I'm just sad that I'm missing the swell for this coming Tuesday.