LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LB green room View Post
    in the winter im all over it. whether its 630 am and 25 degrees or 530pm and 40 degrees. cant be a picky surfer in jerz just gotta be on it. (in the response of who does dps in the winter)
    Well, if the waves are good, I'm going no matter how cold it is, but like if I had to choose afternoon sessions over morning sessions in the winter for a semester at a time, I would have to choose afternoon sessions. I guess the reason I haven't done dp's last winter was because I wake up at 5:30 for school every morning, but boy having from 2:30-dark to surf when the waves are good is well worth it than only surfing 45 mins in the morning.

EDIT: NC surfers can't be too picky either, haha

Images
    I'm beer delivery. It keeps you in shape, the faster you go the faster you get off (for the afternoon/evenings with swell).. Leave the warehouse at 6am in the winter get back at 2pm you have the rest of the day for surf. Summer time waves suck mostly anyway, but you could sneak in some late sessions if you move fast.

If i was your age, trust me on this, i would work hard, and travel alot. Because when you get a mortgage and bills responsibility blah blah blah all that freedom will go away.
    Last edited by marknel83; Mar 30, 2011 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    you can [sic] beat those hours 8-3 or so during the weekdays
    8-3...HA! i'll be walking out the door in about 15 min., arriving at my school by 7:20 or so to get everything i need set up for the day. then, when classes are done for the day, i'll be after school until 4 or 4:30, working w/ kids who need extra help &/or prepping for the next day. the only days i (& many others) leave "on time" is when there's something else i need to do...dr's appt, run some errands, or surf...& even then i'm usually leaving something unfinished.
    & then on sunday, after working all day at my 2nd job, i'll do an additional 2-3 hours of work for the classroom, writing lesson plans, emailing parents, updating the gradebook, etc...
    so on paper, yea, you can't beat those hours. too bad i don't work those hours. i doubt the other teachers on here do as well. of course, if you're passionate about it, then it's worth all that. but if you just want to teach b/c it seems like a cushy gig, then you've got another thing coming.
    like LBCrew said, it's afternoons, weekends, & the strategically placed sick day...& travel in the summer.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Mar 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Images
    yup - I make over 100K and so does my wife but I live 2.5 hours from beach.
    we r now stuck in our location and will be until we retire in 15 years.
    but when we retire we can do anything and live anyhwere - if we still have our health.

i make it to beach every time there is a decent swell - like maybe this Friday.

money helps with everything, obviously, but you end getting stuff that u just have to take care of - the trick is to make good money and not keep on buying dumb sh!t that sucks up ur time.

one of my good buddies is a pot dealer and he surfs more than i do.