LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    those boards weren't worth much. Now, if those Stingers were shaped by Ben Aipa, we'd be talking a different story.

Just because they were "stingers" doesn't mean ****.

Matt,..

.....are you sure the HB is Huntington Beach?----the Cali shaped boards were made in Hermosa Beach,......also for a short time Gary Chapman, Hawai'ian charger, brother to Owl,..made some in Fla.----was friends with **** Catri----sold the boards at a small shop, in '71,..next to Ron Jon's at the time---shop didn't last the summer.

and yes,..a stinger shaped by Aipa would be the prize---however, the PF filled a void of Cali
    boards of the same shape----for those who want to compare a reconditioned Bolt stinger is on ebay now.

ALOHA, Randy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myer View Post
    Matt,..

.....are you sure the HB is Huntington Beach?----the Cali shaped boards were made in Hermosa Beach,......also for a short time Gary Chapman, Hawai'ian charger, brother to Owl,..made some in Fla.----was friends with **** Catri----sold the boards at a small shop, in '71,..next to Ron Jon's at the time---shop didn't last the summer.

and yes,..a stinger shaped by Aipa would be the prize---however, the PF filled a void of Cali
    boards of the same shape----for those who want to compare a reconditioned Bolt stinger is on ebay now.

ALOHA, Randy
    Yeah Its from Huntington Beach . I spoke with Corky Carrol and showed him a bunch of pics of the board . He said that from what I told him it came out of the HB Shop in the early 70's . My board is 5'10 single fin in a fin box , no leash plug and glassed uper heavy . It is all white with the logo on the top.