LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    My sons first board was a surface. That thing was such a pain, if you left it in the sun at all it would delaminate and form this big blue bubble, lol. He learned on it but if the beater was around then I would have bought that instead. We have one and it is perfect, not too big not too small. The Surface board was heavy and even though it was soft it hurt him when he got hit with it. Here is a video I made years ago of him riding the surface, and yes that's me being a kook on the longboard in the beginning http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8982680863603#.
    zippy loved the video! had to have been a great father/son time.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiemonster420 View Post
    hope this isn't a case where the parent forces an activity upon their kid!

Dangle a bodyboard and a surfboard in front of him... and let him make his own choice, pops.
    Good idea. This method can also help identify whether or not he's a loose wrist mo'

My sons first board was a surface. That thing was such a pain, if you left it in the sun at all it would delaminate and form this big blue bubble, lol. He learned on it but if the beater was around then I would have bought that instead. We have one and it is perfect, not too big not too small. The Surface board was heavy and even though it was soft it hurt him when he got hit with it. Here is a video I made years ago of him riding the surface, and yes that's me being a kook on the longboard in the beginning http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8982680863603#.
    Very cool,Thats whats its all about!

Images
    Thanks guy's, it was a fun day for both of us. Last summer was the first time he really pushed to go. I was afraid that getting him in the water too early might have spooked him since he resisted for a few years. I let him call the shots during that time and he finally realized it was a lot more fun in the water than boiling on the beach. We had a session last year right before dark and were splitting this little waist high peak. It was probably the most fun we ever had together. When we got out he walked over and gave me a hug which is kinda hard to come by the older they get. Nothing better than hearing your kid call out an outside stomach high set in warm water with an empty beach and the sun going down behind the dunes .

Nothing better than hearing your kid call out an outside stomach high set in warm water with an empty beach and the sun going down behind the dunes .

Best thing I have seen on this forum in a while. I don't have kids but occasionally get to surf with my 19 YO nephew. He a stoked little focker
    JN

awesome! that reaction he had on the last wave is priceless. I give surf lessons all summer which is more of a novelty for tourists to tell their friends that they "surfed" while on vacation. Probably around 5% of the people i give lessons to have had the same reaction your son had - pure stoke.

7. Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Good idea. This method can also help identify whether or not he's a loose wrist mo'
    Dude your name says it all... your a f...king crab!!! STR8 up n down.
    No wonder u got that **** on top of your head.
    I didn't even wana go there, but your just asking for it.
    Fall the F...K back!

Cant wait to drop in on you just for fun

Hahaha i knew that boogy boarders where allways a little limp in the wrist... But im stoked on that kids stoke!! Excellent vid!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    Hahaha i knew that boogy boarders where allways a little limp in the wrist... But im stoked on that kids stoke!! Excellent vid!
    Surf this ! http://www.vimeo.com/19579473

Images
    I am gonna get my Kids liquid shredders this summer my daughters are 7 and 5 I am gona get them 4'9's they Sponged all last summer so its time for them to progress