LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

3/2 weather yet????

I got new xcel drylock 3/2 this past season its real warm.... SO my question to who ever has been out these past week on the april first swell you think the water is anywhere close to being warm enough for my 3/2 i know tomorrow should be in the 60s still so maybe wiht the air being warm.. I don't no feed back would be great

Images
    wait for it wait for it....

This past friday I wore my psychofreak 5.5/4.5 and was cookin pretty good in it. I'm thinking its about time to drop down to the 3.5/2.5, waters got to be somewhere around 45 or 46

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RVCA17 View Post
    I got new xcel drylock 3/2 this past season its real warm.... SO my question to who ever has been out these past week on the april first swell you think the water is anywhere close to being warm enough for my 3/2 i know tomorrow should be in the 60s still so maybe wiht the air being warm.. I don't no feed back would be great

unless you want to freeze, no.

lock thread plz

If you have sealed seams, a 3/2 will be fine. Definitely still need booties. Probably still need gloves. You might get a cold head.

I am still wearing 5/4/3 with hood. Once we get to 50 degrees I'll be wearing a flatlock 3/2 with booties only.

for the last time:

45<0 = 5/4/3 hood boots gloves
    46-52 = 4/3 hood boots gloves
    53-55= 4/3 or 3/2 boots gloves(if you want)
    56-59 = 3/2 boots
    60-64 = 3/2
    65-67 = s/s full
    68+ = boardies or springsuit if you want

You CAN improvise. ca'mon people. if your cold put more neoprene, if your hot, take some off. it ain't that hard. I don't know how you handle cold water so I can't answer your question

i just got a new 3/2 and im plannin on wearin it tomorrow... bring more layer-age just incase

Quote Originally Posted by RVCA17 View Post
    Post number one, huh? Okay....just in case you're aren't trolling...

You really can't expect anyone to answer that question accurately. Nobody knows your tolerance to cold or where you are. If you're desperate to wear a 3/2 and you haven't been surfing, you should commit a day to paddle out in it before a swell pops up. I wouldn't consider any specific answer you get here as solid for the above reasons, as well as somebody playing a practical joke on you.

Gnar's table is a good start, though.

Get out there!

The solution is simple:

Step 1 - Go to the beach
    Step 2 - Put on brandy new 3/2
    Step 3 - Jump in the surf
    Step 4 - If your nuts retract up into your throat, it's not 3/2 weather yet.

Problem solved.

Side note: Keep the 5/4 in the trunk to throw on after your nuts drop back down into the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    The solution is simple:

Step 1 - Go to the beach
    Step 2 - Put on brandy new 3/2
    Step 3 - Jump in the surf
    Step 4 - If your nuts retract up into your throat, it's not 3/2 weather yet.

Problem solved.

Side note: Keep the 5/4 in the trunk to throw on after your nuts drop back down into the sack.
    Don't forget the 2 gal jugs of hot water to expedite the sackage drop.