LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    i was waiting for you to step in! lol

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i've heard of them, but that bit i bolded sounds like BS to me...like some kind of super-wetsuit...or an "emperor's new clothes" scam.

also, when i first heard of them & checked the company out, they didn't make a hooded suit. i asked what was up w/ that & got some bs response about how the suits are so warm that you wouldn't need a hood. i told them i was on the east coast, not a california guy & they said that i'd still be plenty warm w/ just one of those hooded vest deals. made me feel like 1. they didn't give a crap about anyplace but california & 2. they were real full of themselves. i wasn't impressed.
    First off, I didn't mean forever in the most literal sense.... i simply meant they last a long time.. Secondly, from 2009-2010 was there 1st generation wetsuit, and when they came out, so naturally since they are from santa cruz, they began with a 4.3 and 3.2. for 2011 they came out with a 5.4.3. Also, I emailed them a few days ago, and I got a personal response the next. Maybe you tried to contact them while they were still figuring everything out, I don't know. But, I think they'll going to become very popular soon

I wear my 5/4 until like May. I hate being cold. If I'm too hot, thinner boots and gloves, and I drop the hood, but I would rather sweat than freeze.

i switch to my r3 above 45 and wear one of those dorky caps until it goes above 50. usually drop the boots and gloves at 55 and skin it at 65. i also have a 1mm top for windy mornings.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yetiatthejetty View Post
    I wear my 5/4 until like May. I hate being cold. If I'm too hot, thinner boots and gloves, and I drop the hood, but I would rather sweat than freeze.

yeah as i always say:

if you are too warm you can always flush yourself, but if you are too cold you are stuck like that until you (painfully) add more layers/thickness

also, my god i wouldve loved to see people out today in a 3/2. i was chilly in my 5/3. that wind was brutal on the face too

Surfed saturday ina 4/3 with hooded poly flece shirt and was warm for 2 hours started gettin cold shortly after the two hour mark

Quote Originally Posted by yetiatthejetty View Post
    I NEVER understood the rush to strip down to thinner suits and be the macho psycho to be first out of his wetsuit each year. It is far easier to cool off by flushing your suit than to try to warm up from near hypothermia. The water is is still in the mid to upper 40s and THAT is what you dress for, not tempting air temps nearing 60. Keep the 5/4 for now.

Not a matter of being macho and cool.. I hate the flexibility loss in the 5/4/3 and a hood.. it just plain sucks!!! Sucks i tell ya!!

Fleece Shirts

Saw someone say that they wear a fleece shirt underneath their wetsuit. Does that work??? Also heading to VA beach this weekend it says the water temp is 47 is that correct.

Yesterday surfed with 4/3 boots and gloves, no hood. Not bad, Repetitive dives got cold, but for the most part with the sun, felt great.