LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    hey zach to answer who designed these reactors it was GE known as general electric. and then theyre made here in wilmington, nc. then they get inspected by MY dad yes you heard it right the reactors are inspected and manufactured under my dads supervision and then theyre packaged with the little nuclear tablets in wilmington as well. if you want a reliable source go to this link http://www.nei.org/ my dad uses them as they are the most reliable other than the fact my dad is getting information sent back to him since he is in charge of the reactors that they made.
    The reactors are fine. They work the way they are supposed to. They are fission inducing machines. The fault is in the facility in japan. These reactors are used around the world. But the placement, powersources and facility design are the faulty aspects of this japan situation. No one would point the finger at anyone in the manufacturing stage of the process.

It was faulty implementation of them. I mean, I understand that when nuclear fission starts, it has to slow itself down and cool off. So these machines are just doing what they were designed to do... My question is, should we really design anything that has that amount of raw, dangerous toxic power to begin with... Sounds dangerous on too many levels to me...

But I will check out the link. I am sure your dad would have a ton of knowledge to drop on the subject. Has he shared his opinion on the happenings in Japan with you?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    The reactors are fine. They work the way they are supposed to. They are fission inducing machines. The fault is in the facility in japan. These reactors are used around the world. But the placement, powersources and facility design are the faulty aspects of this japan situation. No one would point the finger at anyone in the manufacturing stage of the process.

It was faulty implementation of them. I mean, I understand that when nuclear fission starts, it has to slow itself down and cool off. So these machines are just doing what they were designed to do... My question is, should we really design anything that has that amount of raw, dangerous toxic power to begin with... Sounds dangerous on too many levels to me...

But I will check out the link. I am sure your dad would have a ton of knowledge to drop on the subject. Has he shared his opinion on the happenings in Japan with you?
    well he has somewhat. but the most that he has said since it all happened. the stuff he has said is
    1) the amount of reactors japan has ordered for its reload in 2015 has dropped significantly.
    2) he trully doesnt want anything to do with it. as he is having to deal with japan and the building information on the reactor tubes.
    3) GE was suppose to be buying into a company in washington to help make the tubes but since the tsunami theyre not sure. plus he went out there this past week to the company in washington state and they are not ready for the criteria to make these tubes.
    if i can find a peice of tubing my dad has snatched from ge i will take a picture and upload it so everyone can see what a peice of this tube looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    if i can find a peice of tubing my dad has snatched from ge i will take a picture and upload it so everyone can see what a peice of this tube looks like.
    sweet. that sounds really cool. tubes are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    sweet. that sounds really cool. tubes are sick.
    i enjoyed that