LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    whatever, that was a d*ck statement from skeglegs. If he didnt expect a piece of my mind he wouldnt have said it. If I actually surfed VB... pshhh. Some Yankee telling me that I dont know the beach that I grew up on. Carry that sh*t.

Lol @ roid rage though

Not really a **** statement, more of a duh statement. If I had a dollar for every thread asking why a short period south windswell didn't show up at their NE facing beach, I would have like 15 dollars.

And VB is beyond a NE facing beach, it has 200 miles of sandbar jutting out to the SE which gives you zero fetch on these windswells. While all the "yankees" can surf bermuda high windswells to relieve some of the tedium of summer to your north.....VB is left flat as a lake......I know all of this and don't even live there.

Here's an idea, instead of defending your localism on a message board, how about you learn the elementary basics of your "local" break and stop cluttering this board with your pointless questions and attacks at someone who provides you a free service to assist in judgement calls that a 5 year old that surfs the easy to read flat sandbottom eastcoast can make.
    Last edited by SkegLegs; Apr 6, 2011 at 01:01 AM.

i Surfed VB today south of the rocks from 3:30-6:30 and it was fun as ****. it was knee high and dribbling everywhere until 3:30, then it turned into 2-3 ft. windswell. once the winds switched to the NE, they generated some swell i guess, and then when the winds finally stopped at like 4:30ish, it got pretty clean, and def. ridable. There was probably 10 guys out total, so we all got some good rides.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Not really a **** statement, more of a duh statement. If I had a dollar for every thread asking why a short period south windswell didn't show up at their NE facing beach, I would have like 15 dollars.

And VB is beyond a NE facing beach, it has 200 miles of sandbar jutting out to the SE which gives you zero fetch on these windswells. While all the "yankees" can surf bermuda high windswells to relieve some of the tedium of summer to your north.....VB is left flat as a lake......I know all of this and don't even live there.

Here's an idea, instead of defending your localism on a message board, how about you learn the elementary basics of your "local" break and stop cluttering this board with your pointless questions and attacks at someone who provides you a free service to assist in judgement calls that a 5 year old that surfs the easy to read flat sandbottom eastcoast can make.
    Stud just got ownedddddddd. Biyahhhhh

skegs FTW!

This pissing match was headed nowhere. Skeglegs- making the assumption that VB is blocked from all steep south swells is easy looking at a map, but that would cause you to miss some good days as well. A swell hitting obx or eastern shore and totally missing VB is a much rarer occurrence than you might think. As I stated before: I have surfed plenty of south swell wrap at local piers. As far as "defending my localism" is concerned, your the one who questioned it. I didn't pull it out of the blue...

Im not sure what inspired you to piss in my direction, but I already told you to f*ck off, so the defense rests its case. I have said it before and I'll say it again, eat a 8===>.

Sincerely,

thestud

... stop cluttering this board with your pointless questions and attacks at someone who provides you a free service to assist in judgement calls that a 5 year old that surfs the easy to read flat sandbottom eastcoast can make.

sorry, i have to clear this up...

1. you think im cluttering the boards? there are 16 threads about when people can wear their 3/2's.

2.attacks at swellinfo? are you tripping? Read the first post, if thats an attack, WOW.

Images
    Yesterday was chest occasional head. But my beach facing direction is south east. And its in virginia.
    Last edited by marknel83; Apr 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM.

not a good swell here,and,skeglegs is what you would call an idiot

Did someone say Yankee...?!?!

Lee the Pud ! Aw.....ya missed me, didn't ya little feller ?!

Geez, GeneralLee, last year when I questioned the blown calls you nearly fell outta your tree with indignation. Y'know....move to the beach, get a book on forecasting, we're lucky to have this site, calling me a kook... all of your par-for-the-mini-golf-course irrational self-centered vitriolic diatribes that spew forth from your gullet when you've been hangin' at the meth lab too many hours.... again.

The classic hallmark of the angry-little-man-as-keyboard-bully-syndrome.

You like to dish it, sonny buck, but you sho' nuff cain't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    whatever, that was a d*ck statement from skeglegs. If he didnt expect a piece of my mind he wouldnt have said it. If I actually surfed VB... pshhh. Some Yankee telling me that I dont know the beach that I grew up on. Carry that sh*t.

Lol @ roid rage though