LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Government Shutdown

Anybody out there going to be affected by this?
    I have been reading up on this a little bit, but from what I gather is the "republicans" doesnít want to give 300 mil to planned parenthood...?

Any intelligent people out there that can confirm this?

800,000 Government workers x $1,400 weekly paycheck = 1,120,000,000 (I think)

O yeah - Congress still gets their paychecks but soldiers fighting the wars donít... F'd Up!!!

this pertains to surfing how????

National parks will be closed......So no surfing Assateague NP, Cape Hatteras NP.

If your waiting on your tax refund.......keep waiting

Were being held hostage by a political party.....and it aint the dems

Kinda crazy how detached our congress is from the general public. As stated before, Congress will still be getting paid while all other goverment employees must starve. People are inherently selfish, that will never change. On the other hand, hey, maybe we can luck out and score those illegal places we can't normally surf

[QUOTE=
    Were being held hostage by a political party.....and it aint the dems[/QUOTE]

Maybe not - but for the most part they put us in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    Maybe not - but for the most part they put us in this position.
    please explain......

Images
    This isn't a dem/rep issue. Not everything is. Neither side wants to forfeit money.

I have no problem with this. I think it will do everyone a little good. I have family in governemtn positions, but they are close to retirement, so I don't think they will be feeling anything from this...

But you know what, I know nothing can be perfect, but "government agencies" are just a Union that has been slacking and ripping off taxpayers for ever... We need to have a competitive market place.

If we allow third party companies offer bids for government projects, we would all save a ton of money. Whether its the guys fixing the highways, taking their time, or the notoriously bad US mail, or the IRS and anyone. They all deserve to have a little restructuring.

People get so angry at Unions and all of these things, yet every part of our government monopolizes certain markets... Its really not fair.

We are a capitalist society, so we should probably reflect that at our very core...

And yeah, congress doesnt care, they aren't going to miss a check...

And I am a supporter of planned parenthood. I think we have all had girlfriends or whatever who have gotten birth control from them etc...

HOWEVER, do I think that I should be forced as a taxpayer to support this program. ABSOLUTELY NOT! There is a huge percentage of our nation that is religious. Against abortion. Against condoms even... And to them, they are just paying for poor people to have no regard for responsibility. Using abortion instead of condoms...

I mean, I dont know what the answer is. Maybe if people didnt have planned parenthood and they had to deal with their own problems, they would be out getting knocked up and picking up 6 different STDS. I hope generations to come are more responsible than ours has been. ANd places like planned parenthood, arguably, could be holding us all back...

Who knows... Cause like I said, my wife got free birth control from them for years... Im just saying! Not everyone agrees with it. And they shouldn't have to pay.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    This isn't a dem/rep issue. Not everything is. Neither side wants to forfeit money.

I have no problem with this. I think it will do everyone a little good. I have family in governemtn positions, but they are close to retirement, so I don't think they will be feeling anything from this...

But you know what, I know nothing can be perfect, but "government agencies" are just a Union that has been slacking and ripping off taxpayers for ever... We need to have a competitive market place.

If we allow third party companies offer bids for government projects, we would all save a ton of money. Whether its the guys fixing the highways, taking their time, or the notoriously bad US mail, or the IRS and anyone. They all deserve to have a little restructuring.

People get so angry at Unions and all of these things, yet every part of our government monopolizes certain markets... Its really not fair.

We are a capitalist society, so we should probably reflect that at our very core...

And yeah, congress doesnt care, they aren't going to miss a check...

And I am a supporter of planned parenthood. I think we have all had girlfriends or whatever who have gotten birth control from them etc...

HOWEVER, do I think that I should be forced as a taxpayer to support this program. ABSOLUTELY NOT! There is a huge percentage of our nation that is religious. Against abortion. Against condoms even... And to them, they are just paying for poor people to have no regard for responsibility. Using abortion instead of condoms...

I mean, I dont know what the answer is. Maybe if people didnt have planned parenthood and they had to deal with their own problems, they would be out getting knocked up and picking up 6 different STDS. I hope generations to come are more responsible than ours has been. ANd places like planned parenthood, arguably, could be holding us all back...

Who knows... Cause like I said, my wife got free birth control from them for years... Im just saying! Not everyone agrees with it. And they shouldn't have to pay.
    well, we can't have a public election for every decision, so that is why we have congress... they just aren't doing a good enough job.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanisnotasbigaswethink View Post
    please explain......

The Dems had OVER a year to get this budget passed when then controlled both houses and did not do so. Why? Because they KNEW that going into the last election, their losses would be even bigger than they were if they passed the budget they wanted to pass in a climate where the people are demanding that spending be reigned in. So they punted. We can't sustain the spending that we have been doing and everybody knows it. The easy solution to this issue is pass a balanced budget amendment that will force the congress to live within their means and make the hard choice that are going to need to be made. States are doing it now because most of them have constitutional mandates for balanced budgets.

Either way, we will be forced to cut back dramatically. They do it now via legislation to control spending or they do it later when the US credit rating is so bad people will not loan us money to spend.

Images
    no open national parks...sniff sniff

republicans want 1.5% cut of the budget.

dems want 0.6% cut of the budget.

both sides are a bunch of tools...we should cut even more. Bunch of entitled poossies need to understand it's time to man up and do with out some things before we totally implode this country.

btw: under the current plan if the govt shuts down, welfare recipients will still get their checks however the soldiers fighting our illegal wars at the direction of our corrupt globalist politicians/military industrial complex pawns will not get paid!

now that's some sh!t