LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Wetsuit Hood Nausea?

I was wondering if any of you guys experience nausea when you're wearing a hood. I was talking to a friend, and he said that he gets really nauseous after a bad flush because of suction around the ear in the hood. I've felt pretty sick before, but I always thought that it was just because the water is so cold so its kind of like a shock.

I feel like im going to throw up, but i never do

Good question. Ive had the same thing happen i guess it just differs from person to person.

not sure how this quite equates to nausea, but i've never felt it before. usually if i get some water down my hood ill just stretch it a tiny bit to let some air in and clear my ears.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    I feel like im going to throw up, but i never do
    yeah man thats how i felt yesterday. thats why i brought the question up, i couldnt figure out why i felt so sick

It sucks really bad when you get water in your hood and it goes right in your ears.. its trapped in there until you can come up and shake it out.. realy sux

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    It sucks really bad when you get water in your hood and it goes right in your ears.. its trapped in there until you can come up and shake it out.. realy sux
    you wont believe how many times i have to go get my ears cleaned because of winter surfing and the hoods with water getting trapped in the ears. i think companies that make wetsuit hoods put a little hole on each ear that lets the water drain, sort of like with the batwings on back zips with the little drain hole.

Images
    Trying using vagisil i hear it works good.

It's called "Caloric Vertigo" and is caused by cold water entering one ear and not the other. Your inner ear contains the body's balance apparatus. When the temperature or pressure difference between the 2 reaches a certain level, your body reacts with nausea, as if you were dizzy.

Lift the edge of your hood and let cold water enter the canal of each ear.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    Trying using vagisil i hear it works good.
    Your typo made me think you were serious so I searched it

And I wear a cap instead of a hood whenever I can to prevent water from getting trapped
    ...maybe that has something to do with the nausea?