LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

glitch / fudge factor

Hey swellinfo and staff, you guys do a great job with this website and props for keeping it full service and free. I just wanted to bring something to attention for future tuning of the swell models. Today VB forecast says swell and the cams are looking minimal. Specifically, its supposed to be 7 ft at 8 secs right now but if its legitimately knee high out there id be surprised. Is this a fluke or should we expect the swell to fill in later than anticipated?

Thanks again,

thestud

Its obviously not an exact science. Surfline's forecast for today was also much better than the actual condtions indicate. Swell and Surfline were close, within a foot of each others forecast, and both were off about 3 feet in size, unless there is any sort of groundswell that will help this minmal windswell today.
    I just have to chock it up to " I got skunked on the wave call today". Not the first time it happened wont be the last. Swell info is great info and free makes it even better, but still doesnt change the fact that the board that is stiing in my truck right now ready to get wet right after work will probably be going back in the rack in my garage before it makes the water today unless it starts to turn on a bit.
    Last edited by bushwood; Apr 5, 2011 at 02:50 PM.

Images
    steep south swell passed you by in VB. When we upgrade the forecast model, these circumstances will improve greatly. Hopefully, we can get this in place by summer.

If you actually surf in VB you would obviously know what happens on a South swell........it's not rocket science, look at a map.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    If you actually surf in VB you would obviously know what happens on a South swell........it's not rocket science, look at a map.

i even know this, and im in NJ. this happens at least a dozen times a year

wind has been brutal today... buoy is SSW but the locals are NNW at 30-40, rain squalls coming through too.

I used to live in northern Monmouth County NJ and it was the same deal there. Back then we had no idea why but at my homebreak it would be knee high at best and 15 miles south it would be chest to head high and pumping. It wasn't until the internet and satellite imagery that we realized why it always sucked up there on super steep south swells. On less steep south swells it could work but on days like this the lines were heading right past us and straight to long Island.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    if I actually surf in vb.. shut the f*ck up dude. I have lived and surfed in vb for a decade and surfed PLENTY OF SOUTH WIND SWELL WRAP- So dont pretend to be an expert. Look at a map... Ill show you a map of get the f*ck out of here with that BS!

The prediction was for several hours of decent surf, I politely point out that it was incorrect. If I actually surfed vb... makes me want to climb through this monitor and strangle you

Swellinfo- thanks for your reply.

PVjumper- ... your input is usually welcomed, but, with all due respect, this isnt Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    if I actually surf in vb.. shut the f*ck up dude. I have lived and surfed in vb for a decade and surfed PLENTY OF SOUTH WIND SWELL WRAP- So dont pretend to be an expert. Look at a map... Ill show you a map of get the f*ck out of here with that BS!

The prediction was for several hours of decent surf, I politely point out that it was incorrect. If I actually surfed vb... makes me want to climb through this monitor and strangle you

Swellinfo- thanks for your reply.

PVjumper- ... your input is usually welcomed, but, with all due respect, this isnt Jersey.
    Whoa...."Roid" Rage??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    Whoa...."Roid" Rage??
    BAHAHAHA don't mess with "the stud" he will F you up!