LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: twin fin

twin fin

im trying to get some information on twin fins. im getting a new board and im definitely getting a twin fin. im looking for a board thats 6'3 - 5'11 thats fast and loose. any suggestions? (brand, shaper). ive seen the even keel from channel islands and wanted to see if there are any more that are similar. also i like Donavon freinkenreiters boards but dont know who shapes them. Suggestion????

Images
    Have a brand new 5'10" Walker twin keel LTD fish for sale... $300. Same shape as the CI Even Keel. Don't know how it handles, but its a very flat rocker, so it will be fast.

rode my twinnie today. perfect for the waist-belly waves after the wind switched to light cross/onshores

my twin fin is real drivey, not as loose, but i'm rockin the rastavich sea shepard fins

as far as a shaper goes, theres probably some good shapers locally that can make you a nice one...thats a pretty popular shape among the EC shapers. i think that dude beachbreak on here swears by this guy in in obx for a retro fish

Images
    I love my 5'10 Legend retro twin loose and fast with rasta keels on it

Quote Originally Posted by inkdink View Post
    im trying to get some information on twin fins. im getting a new board and im definitely getting a twin fin. im looking for a board thats 6'3 - 5'11 thats fast and loose. any suggestions?
    Have you considered a twinzer? It has 4 fins. Smaller Canards are in front of main fins to promote the main fins' drive. It rides like a twin with more speed and hold without sacrificing twin fin looseness. It rides nothing like a quad or thruster.

Mike Hynson, Larry Mabile, Brian Wynn.

natural art surf shop,Hatteras,In The Eye surfboards,Twin fish,call Scott.
    i'm picking up a custom and an MR-style twin saturday afternoon!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inkdink View Post
    ive seen the even keel from channel islands and wanted to see if there are any more that are similar.
    I had the chance yesterday to compare a 5'10" Channel Islands keel fin twinnie (friends board) to another 5'10" keel twinnie I've had for years. Both are poly boards, 21" wide, 2 1/2" thick. Rode for about an hour on each board in uncrowded waist high a-frames got lots of waves on the CI

The Channel Islands is a bit more on the perfomance end...nose a bit pulled in, foiled out in the nose, tail, and rails. It was a great board and didnt have the big thick longboard style rails and thick nose and tail that some twinnie have. Recommend.

Images
    Mitchell, that CI Board was really nice. The thinnest, best looking swallow tail I have ever seen. My next homebuilt board will have a tail like that.

9. If you're on Hatteras and don't want to wait for a custom, I've got a 5'10" retro fish twin fin that I shaped for sale for $475 at Avon Surf Shop in Avon. For more info check out http://www.hollowdaze.com/Hollow_Daz.../Lis_Fish.html

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    natural art surf shop,Hatteras,In The Eye surfboards,Twin fish,call Scott.
    i'm picking up a custom and an MR-style twin saturday afternoon!
    In The Eye boards are legit.