LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I'm the opposite... lying to the boss is a way of life. Lying to my family is not an option.
    ditto.......

Images
    i think its always the balance , of is this "worth it"... And, most of us, put a high value on good surf.

Late summer 1988 was my "Orientation Week" at college. Met all the people in my group and my counselor on the first morning.......was in the water by afternoon,.....almost missed a week of good surf.......risk versus reward......."best move I ever did Clark"

Two Septembers ago, I was working a sunday in DC. My boss let me out at 2:30 pm. I drove 3+ hrs to OCMD. Surfed and surfed about an 1:45hrs/2 before it was too dark just to drive 3+ hrs back to the city. and like dude above said it was worth it. unfortunately no lying involved

I am a surfing gigantopithicus. For reals. I can't wait to shred the gnar at the Jersey shore mike the sitch I ll use snookie as a board. Gnarbombs

Too dark to drive no headlights? At what point is it too dark just to drive? You big dummy.

I'm pretty sure this is what he meant

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast7 View Post
    Surfed and surfed about an 1:45hrs/2 before it was too dark then drove 3+ hrs back to the city.
    Who's the dummy? jk lol

I apologize for the poor sentence structure.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I'm the opposite... lying to the boss is a way of life. Lying to my family is not an option.
    Depends how you define family, methinks. My wife and siblings, parents, etc understand what surfing means to me and my mental health - yes, I did tell my wife why I was a bit late to her dad's wake and she understood why I needed to clear my head during that horrible time. I never have to, and never would, like to those closest to me. But showing up late for some cousins' kids' first communion party? Brother in law's bachelor party? Hmmm. The kicker is that if people in your life understand how important surfing is (and how fickle the surf is on the east coast), you don't need to ever lie to them. They get it. But there's a whole mess of folks out there who don't. They're the ones you need to be a little conniving for.

To follow up on my original post, I wound up going back and visiting the pre-k class the next day. All was well. I think I did a better job of reading Jack and the Beanstalk having had a good seshie.