LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boardshorts

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    MattJohnson - The TJ MAXX and Marshalls in cape may court house in the beginning of summer usually have wetsuits. Like im talking about a billabong platinum 75% off and so on. Spring suits for 20$, ect.. I don't know where they get these suits, but I'm not asking questions
    its called child labor

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henryk View Post
    Anyone know a store or site where we can get cheap boardshorts? Because $60 for a pair of shorts is getting a little ridiculous
    go to your local wal-mart and buy a cheap pair of jeans (to achieve that quad-stretch comfortability i would recommend womens). take them home and cut the legs off from mid-thigh down with a knife. if you really want to get high performance, you can couple them with a nice shoe-lace belt around the waist.

search google and you might fid other websites, like this one...there are a bunch of boardshorts on here in the $20 dollar range....http://www.6pm.com/board-shorts-clot...FSITNAodwyWlew

just thought I'd add this...I was looking through either Surfer or Surfing's boardshort guideand saw a pair that cost $150...how the hell can a pair of shorts cost that much...they better give you a hummer!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltilt720 View Post
    I'm no inventory/economic genius (or..anything for that matter)...but doesn't that sound a lot easier than to actually be done? I doubt they were just making excess amounts just for kicks. I'm sure this all changes on a yearly basis based on the market, and the leftovers are something you can't easily plot in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    yeah, I think those reps were wishful thinkers. PACsun accounts for a huge amount of sales for the big surf companies so they need to keep inventory high. Places like TJ Maxx are a great way to get rid of inventory.
    That what the Rep told me when I was in Woody's . Most companies are doing this now . They make enough to fill the order the reps the took at the surf shops in there areas no more no less. Companies do this cause they lose lots of money when they have a execess of product sitting and they dont want place like marshalls , tj maxx ect to pic it up can sell it under cost. Another reason is they wanna keep surifng and its products in Surfshops not make it any more comericalized than it already is

I still think he was blowing smoke. I've heard that line from reps for years about keeping it 'core'. There just isn't enough profit to do that.