LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah...but you should've been there the day before!

for what? wind slop and a gnarly thunderstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    Yeah...but you should've been there the day before!
    thats a quote from endless summer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    +1

Surfing the east coast most of my life, outside of hurricane swells, these conditions are the most fun. When it's blown out, messy, victory at sea conditions one day, and it cleans up overnight and the next morning it's clean and lined up.

If we're thinking of the same thing, I think that structure you're referring to is called a "groyne" , which keeps longshore drift under control. The sand problems here have started to interest me...
    In the country we call it a groin

Mooseknuckle, the tourist hunting quote: good.

BTW, in Maine the tourists are referred to by locals as "summer complaints."

As in, "Did you hear what the summah complaints had ta say about the lobstah, Ahtie ?"

Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle View Post
    In the country we call it a groin

Agree with Lee, the "groin" is too crowded already. Its not a groin at all, but it has built up a good amount of sand the last year plus. Same kind of structure that was at 42nd a few years ago. However, at this point unfortunately its already too well known. So keep it down and don't spread the word. The swell before last, there were tons of guys on it and even guys setting up video cameras on the beach.