LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Stand up paddle boarding

Ok the longboarders and funboards were bad enuf hogging the lineup. Now some of these asses have decided to really make themselves obnoxious. I speak of the stand up paddle boarder.

You know, I think it is pretty cool that you are catching more waves and it does make me grin to watch the frustration on that guy riding the 10 foot longboard that you have cut him off from going right on every decent wave. But...... come the F on. I have been siting here for 10 F'n minutes. Please would you drop in and go left even though you might suck going backside, or just perhaps how about let me have one wave so the guy on the longboard can snake that one to. Thank you....

Anybody else running into these wave hoggers.

Images
    if i can speak my opinion on this:

As far as I am concerned, whatever you ride is ok with me, but you have to be respectful out in the linuep. So, if your rolling on a 10 ft paddle board, and can sit out further than anyone else, and catch any wave you like, than good for u. But, you shouldn't be taking every wave... You should realize your not the only one in the water and pass up on waves, even tho you could very well catch them. And that goes for anyone on any board - I've seen guys who are paddle machines, trying to take get in position on every wave.

Waves!

I dont care what I ride or what anyone else rides. But I don't let it bother me. If someone is hogging i just drop in on him. If he wants some, I give him some. But don't rag on standupers. It aint the board thats pissing you off. It's the person. So just give him a friendly crack to the jaw. Then you can smile, paddle off, and take all the waves you want. LOL. Going some where else works also!

Last weekend and the weekend before it was the same dude snaking the outside. And my bro unknowingly would start stroking for the same wave this dude was already surfing. This A-hole would just friggin lose his mind and start screaming and on his way paddling back out would be shaking his head. And yea it was really starting to piss me off and I was just about to say something that would have escalated the situation. But, instead of ranting profanities, I asked the guy about his board and how long he had been doing it and it really seemed to relax the situation. I looked at my bro gave him a thumbs up and he mouthed pus*y to me.

goat

If your not in the right spot dont ***** and complain, longboard or short. If its a frigging left get right of me and start paddling and you get the right of way, if its a frigging right get left of me and start paddling and you get the right of way.

If you dont do either, cant paddle into position, and you sit inside and barely make any waves and get mad shut your face, poser.

Chong you I think you are assuming that peeps will give the right of way. I position myself where I can catch waves on my shortboard and try to be polite and not drop in, or shoulder hop on others unless we can split the peak. Posing?? yea for about twenty years. My job, wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 4 chickens and cutting the grass have sidetracked my professional surfing career.

goat

Why are standup paddle boards all the rage now? is it because there has been no waves this summer/fall? Its one step away from paddling in a fishing boat.