LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 122
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    sorry bud but its 10-12.... if that. you don't measure by the peron standing at the bottom. you measure either from the back of the wave or how high the drop is. thats not over 10, maybe 12 feet. still gotta give you props for dropping in on that. thats a gnarly shot
    Seriously? Don't be sorry......it's nonsense. Simple logic tells me that a man over 6 feet compared to the face of this wave = a big wave. You don't determine the size of the wave by where a person drops. That can be anywhere. You measure it from the peak all the way down the face till you hit the flats. Only Hawaii measures from the back that i'm aware of.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Apr 26, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

  2. #42

    biggest wave youve ever ridden

    99 pct of big wave stories are just stories. most of us would doodoo at the sight of truly big surf. 10 feels like 20 when its unloading in front of you. when in doubt paddle out. peace.....and chicken grease.

  3. #43
    Ernesto '06 Saturday morning @ North IRI was the biggest I've ever surfed...definitely 15 ft. bombs that day...there we're s-loads of people on the beach, surprised nobody got pics from that day...the only footage I have been able to get my hands on was a video of Jerz on that day and it looked small compared to what it was at the inlet...I was paddling around on the outside and my shin hit something huge in the water, I turned to see what it was and realized it was a huge piece of telephone pole about 3' long...scary, if that f$cker had have gotten caught up in the lip when somebody was dropping in...

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    why argue whether a wave is 12ft or 15ft. Anything DOH+ on the East Coast is BIG and thats all that matters!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    why argue whether a wave is 12ft or 15ft. Anything DOH+ on the East Coast is BIG and thats all that matters!
    Anything over DOH is big...true esp. on the east. I'm not trying to argue....But, I originally said I would post a 15' wave. I didn't...... I'll admit that wave isn't 15'...but it's not far.

    I have another pic from California lets see if what you guys think of this size. Actually I will start another thread.
    (if I can find it) yikes
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Apr 26, 2011 at 12:59 AM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Seriously? Don't be sorry......it's nonsense. Simple logic tells me that a man over 6 feet compared to the face of this wave = a big wave. You don't determine the size of the wave by where a person drops. That can be anywhere. You measure it from the peak all the way down the face till you hit the flats. Only Hawaii measures from the back that i'm aware of.
    Agreed. Hawaii calls if from the back. That pic you threw up is easily a 13 ft+ face. Don't know what that other guy is talking about. It's nice and blue for Miss Atlantic btw...dig it.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by JonAngot12 View Post
    Agreed. Hawaii calls if from the back. That pic you threw up is easily a 13 ft+ face. Don't know what that other guy is talking about. It's nice and blue for Miss Atlantic btw...dig it.
    Yeah man. Thanks! The blue was unreal that day.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    Hurricane Cindy 1999 DOH in SNJ . Set were averaging 12-15 ft . Some of the longest heart in my throat rides i ever had .

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Ernesto '06 Saturday morning @ North IRI was the biggest I've ever surfed...definitely 15 ft. bombs that day...there we're s-loads of people on the beach, surprised nobody got pics from that day...the only footage I have been able to get my hands on was a video of Jerz on that day and it looked small compared to what it was at the inlet...I was paddling around on the outside and my shin hit something huge in the water, I turned to see what it was and realized it was a huge piece of telephone pole about 3' long...scary, if that f$cker had have gotten caught up in the lip when somebody was dropping in...
    for sure.ive lived 5 miles from the inlet my whole life and it was that big.no doubt there was logs and poles and other crap floating around out there.my buddy had a 10" 2x4 go over his head while he was duckdiving once there.stuff gets trapped in there alot when it gets big

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    long branch
    Posts
    224
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    sorry bud but its 10-12.... if that. you don't measure by the peron standing at the bottom. you measure either from the back of the wave or how high the drop is. thats not over 10, maybe 12 feet. still gotta give you props for dropping in on that. thats a gnarly shot
    If the guy was standing straight up, the drop would be how it looks. It's definitely 12-14 at least. We're not looking at it from the side, we're looking at it straight on. So the lip to him is the drop. And we're not in hawaii, we don't measure from the back. Otherwise we'd be saying head high days are 3-4ft