LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gloves makes it hard to switch out fins on the beach.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    For me, the worst part about winter is the hood and the gloves...
    like surfing with a condom on, feels good but could feel much better......board shorts here, gulf temp allready 83,

with a head high swell, it sounds like ill be zipping on the hood again... thank for the info

i surfed with no hood and no gloves in monmouth county today.

was out for 4+ hours, but by the end of the day i couldn't really move my pinky.

my head wasnt cold at all, no ice cream headaches.

I swear I couldve trunked it today for an hour. I was schweting in my 3/2. Next time I'll just be in the spring suit.

fun waves too... too bad it was from that horrible storm

Images
    No hood in Monmouth country today, I went under about 6 waves paddling out and I didn't get a headache. It actually felt pretty nice

Hmmmm me thinks tomorow hood off! No 3/2 yet though. gloves? A little scared...

Images
    was hoodless again today, and it definitely still does sting at times...

Was out w/o hood today, was fine for the first 2 1/2 hrs, but the water definitely felt colder for the late afternoon shesh, three guys out w/o gloves today ALL three of them were shaking their hands and trying to keep those those BRIGHT RED paws out of the water and none of them looked too comfortable, one said. "It was a bad idea to come out w/o gloves" Soon, almost there........

i surfed seaside yesterday & rocked the full hood, just to be on the safe side (as someone said, head high swell w/ potential for serious duckdiving=hood). saw a couple guys out w/out hoods, & while i was resting between my morning & afternoon sesh, i saw i guy who'd parked near me come back in & grab a beanie...guess it was too much for him w/out.