LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Personal Opinion question, when am I gonna be able to get into the water with a 3/2 with no booties gloves etc, im debating trying it this afternoon, catching a few and getting out and warming up. What do you guys suggest/think?

A month and a half.

Images
    For New Jersey, I'd say end of May, or beginning of June.

et

Ah okay I was hoping to get an answer like "Hey get your ass in the water now!" but maybe ill find a cheap wetsuit on craigslist for the time being, thanks!

I went out with a 3 2 two weeks ago. Just borrowed a vest with a hood from my buddy. 7 mils booties and gloves. I was fine.

why don't you just buy a pair of booties & gloves??

anyway, i wore a 3/2 w/ 3mil boots & 1.5mil gloves today in ocnj. felt a bit of a chill from the wind, but i was otherwise fine.

Images
    just finished a four hour seshion with a 4/3 with three mil boots and gloves i was fine

Images
    you'll be able to get in a lot sooner if you just pick up some boots and gloves. I'd say in another 2 weeks to lose the gloves here in new jersey.

I usually go in with 3/2 sealed seam no gloves or boots at 55 h2o temp with warm air temps (70-80). takes about 15-20 min for hands and feet to adjust. Stoke factor helps. Got 5mil boots and 3mil gloves this year and in the water at 50 degree H2O temp. this year.

guys were out in maryland this weekend 3/2 no booties or gloves. you definately didnt need gloves, and the guys without boots seemed fine.

to the OP - next warm calm day with decent waves id say just paddle out and if your feet are cold, well then you know its not time yet, you might get lucky and have a fun 45 minutes.