LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Bent Skeg?

Bent Skeg?

I bought a set of fiberglass FCS pc5's for my rusty dozer. And wile i was out surfing saterday it felt a little off. Constantly wanting to change direction when i didnt want it to. Then not turning as easily as it should have when i wanted to make a cutback. So i looked at the skegs and sure enough one of them was bent wayyy out of proportion. you can see its visably contorted. The problem is i bought the fins in costa and i dont think i still have the recept. Does FCS sell single replacement fins? cuz i really dont want to spend 90$ on a new set. Or should i just keep surfing with the bad one. Its not terribly bad, just slightly anoying.

Who told you it was bent?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Or should i just keep surfing with the bad one. Its not terribly bad, just slightly anoying.
    Why would you keep on surfing with a ****ed up fin? if its bent wayyy out of proportion its worthless.

check the FCS website, www.surffcs.com, for the warranty info. i think they have a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects & it sounds like this qualifies. i'm not sure what you need to take advantage of it, but you may end up getting a new set of fins out of it.

This might not help you too much but if you have no luck with the warranty I have a set of PC-5's for cheap.

I don't think it will work, but you can try to bend it back. Clamp the fin to a bench, then put another clamp on the fin and hang a weight on it in such a way that it will work against the bend. You'd have better success with a solid fiberglass fin... never tried it with a PC fin.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Who told you it was bent?
    oh i dont know, Mabe i looked at it?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Why would you keep on surfing with a ****ed up fin? if its bent wayyy out of proportion its worthless.
    cuz im cheep and id rather just save up for a new board,

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    check the FCS website, www.surffcs.com, for the warranty info. i think they have a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects & it sounds like this qualifies. i'm not sure what you need to take advantage of it, but you may end up getting a new set of fins out of it.
    Awesome! Thanks bro, ill deffantly have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by myxamatosis View Post
    This might not help you too much but if you have no luck with the warranty I have a set of PC-5's for cheap.
    haha if i cant get a new set under warenty or fix it ill let you know. Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I don't think it will work, but you can try to bend it back. Clamp the fin to a bench, then put another clamp on the fin and hang a weight on it in such a way that it will work against the bend. You'd have better success with a solid fiberglass fin... never tried it with a PC fin.
    hmmm I actually tryed puting a 35 pound dumbell on it, Im not sure if it will work tho. I llike your idea better tho. Yea idk i figured id give the pc a shot. I think it would be a pretty sweet fin if it wasent bent.

Dude!! Just buy the DORsAL FCS fins on ebay! 17 bucks shipped of 3!!!!! woohoo haha.... Yeah should be a man. defect. Maybe heat it up or sumthing and bend it.

I have a few sets of those PC fins... they're my favorite fin construction for a standard thruster or quad.

I ran across a site that sells single/replacement FCS fins, but I don't recall the address. Shouldn't take too long to find with a little searching around.