LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wetsuit drying location

Been meaning to ask this for sometime, since I never really found the best method to do this.

The past few years I've been hanging my wet wetsuits in my bathroom to dry - I never leave wetsuits outside to dry since the sun kills the flexiness of the neoprene and the sun tampers with the seams.

Now, I don't have my own bathroom, yet all i have is my bedroom and an old garage. Whats the least stinky, cleanest, method that you guys found to hang the ol' wetty, and where do you dry them?
    I have yet to perfect this talent, and i need to next year when I'm going to have wet wetsuits in my college dorm..

I'm by no means an expert on wetsuit drying, but I'll give this a go.

This past winter depending on the air temp and cloud cover I would let my suit air dry in the shade after a quick rinse, the little lady did not like the idea of bring my sandy ass through the house to rinse in the shower. Once an hr or so passed and most of the water had run off I would take my suit fold it over a plastic hanger with a towel doubled up around it and hand it in the garage. I'd also hang a second towel over it to kinda draw out the water a bit. Seemed to work o.k. and the suit doesn't stink.

Now that spring is here and summer is around the corner, I'll let my 4/3 air dry outside in the shade for while before bringing it in and folding it over the hanger with the towel.

I just leave mine in the porch where the sun doesn't hit.

I usually just drape mine over the deck for a few hours and flip it then let it hang in my garage and let the boots and gloves just air out on the groung... My buddy has something called a hang goose and the thing is excellent. It has a spot for wet suit, boots and gloves. Dries like a champ indoor or out. I would recommend it to anyone... http://www.hanggoose.com/ check it out!

yea i never really saw a need for all the fancy approaches to drying a wetsuit with the multiple towels and hang gooses and all. Come home, rinse with water, hang in the shade on a plastic hanger, hope i'm lucky enough to be surfing again before the suit is completely dry.

i'm kinda w/ scotty...but my gf bought me a hang goose for xmas last year & the thing has been a god send. i'm pretty sure my suits dry faster now, esp. if they're outside (in the shade, of course). when they're inside, they dry in our laundry room. that way, if they end up stinky (it happens), it's not such a big deal. stinky laundry room=ok w/ gf. stinky bathroom=unhappy gf=unhappy njsurfer42.

In the winter, when the outdoor shower is turned off, I pull off the wetsuit inside out, and rinse in the inside shower. Then I hang on a hanger hung on the shower head to drip overnight. Next day, once it's stopped dripping, I hang it in front of a radiator where a gentle warmth dries it out completely. In the spring and fall, I rinse it in the outdoor shower, then do what 908 does and drape it over the shower wall. Flip it after a few hours, then put it on a hanger and hang it inside or in the shade to dry completely. No matter what, inside or outside... and this is the important part... turn it right side out to get rid of any dampness that's left. It's important to let your boots drip out upside down, then turn them right side up to dry. Same with gloves... upside down to drip out, then open end up to dry.

Contrary to popular belief, you CAN hang your wetsuit in the sun for an hour or tww. Not all day, but for an hour or two to kill any bacteria that it's exposed to.

ive been tempted to get one of these http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page/WW/PROD/HANGAIR

Quote Originally Posted by wesman944 View Post
    ive been tempted to get one of these http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page/WW/PROD/HANGAIR
    I have it. its awesome... I just don't have anywhere to use it..which is the point of my question.

The hangair will dry a 5/4/3 over night almost completely (it dries from inside out witch is nice) and the outside is just barley damp. I don't use it on my 3/2 because it will stretch out the collar.

Images
    inside out on a plastic hanger in you garage is what I would do put a fan by it and I could speed things up . I just hang mine on a hanger in the shower in the winter and in the clothes line in the spring/ summer