LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: todays swell

todays swell

Despite of what the forcasts were sayin, 2ft med period east swell ... today was absolutly sick! The break I surfed is a well known break with me and one other bud out. Waist to head reeling lefts, and barrels galore. Surfed 4 hrs and am beat. Hope some others scored today I know I did!

Images
    certainly not head high here, chest at best and very fun.

I didnt go out.. it was too cold.. I was scared of the lightning i woke up to.

hot karl thats about as honest as a hot dump. no way does overnight windswell produce head high waves. f*ck you

yeah I went out at first light this morning up until around 8 and it was sweet. WAAAAAYY better than I expected. I don't know if I saw anything head high, but def. a few at least chest high peaks. Fun morning for sure - always nice to get a pleasant surprise!

it was fun i agree. if the sun was out all day, and it got to 70 degrees like it has been most days i would have used the 3/2. very fun, but i brought a longboard because i assumed with the forecast it would be more appropriate for longboard. was about waist high. still fun. not crowded at all at an otherwise crowded break.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    didnt go out but definitely looked nice at least...

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
    hot karl thats about as honest as a hot dump. no way does overnight windswell produce head high waves. f*ck you
    You should probably learn to read swell models before you continue to make yourself look like an idiot. NE ground swell from the low spinning below novia scotia does not equal overnight windswell.

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
    I think yesterdays swell was actually not overnight windswell, but from this offshore storm. But either way not head high.
    http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/SAT_ATL/animir.html

Images
    definitely longer period E/NE swell from the system offshore.