LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volcom

Images

Volcom

so how many of you guys know that Gucci bought out Volcom for $608mil...... what do you think there future and the sponsors is gonna be now!?!

not uhh.....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    not uhh.....
    http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9MVHJO80.htm

Images
    Did you even read the article? Gucci didn't buy Volcom. The company who owns Gucci bought Volcom.

Images
    you get the point. no one would get the right point if i said "PPR bought Volcom"

6. I mean its not like Volcom products are gonna be renamed Gucci. Its still going to be Volcom.

Images
    More money for the sponsors. I personally hate the guys on the local volcom team here. But over-all the company has been good to surfing... So, while volcom probably makes much more off of its clothing lines, the surf sponsorships should still be at the heart of it all....

I mean, In-Bev bought Budweiser a couple of years ago, so nothing surprises me. And while we all thought that the Euros would chnage the recipe of classic busweiser, in reality, nothing happened. The only national thing that really changes is that now, our budweiser reps sell Stella.... So hopefully the volcom thing will be similar... A larger company to shell out more funding for lower level sponsorship, while getting more international exposure....

It will be fine. At this point, all volcom is good for is a cool nose sticker for their riders and some decent shorts... but other than that, its more glam than content from them anyway.

Images
    So who gets the Volcom house on the North Shore? That would matter to someone.

Gucci buys you--->

instant baller status. Im going to go buy a bunch of ill-fitting volcom jeans now!

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    So who gets the Volcom house on the North Shore? That would matter to someone.
    Oh man, those guys freaking own Pipe these days. I think it's a little f'd up that a single company has managed to effectively secure land rights to one of the world's premier breaks. That's life though...don't see it changing so no point in getting too peeved about it.

That being said, I do dig the fact that they support non-cookie cutter types. Ozzie Wright comes to mind. They seem to enjoy working with a pretty diverse range of people, and I respect that.