LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shaping Class and Brookdale

Registration now open for the May 10-13 Surfboard Design and Construction course at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft. Class runs four straight nights from 6-9pm. Download the catalog from the college's website, or call 732-224-2315 (3) to find out more and register.

Don't forget, Brookdale shaping class participants get a sweet discount at Greenlight for materials to build their own boards. Our shaping room is also for rent at discounted rates for those who take the class.

Still a few spots left for the May session, register soon!

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

FOUR MORE HEADS NEEDED to run the class... only two weeks left to sign up... register soon.

who is teaching the class? and where is it holmdel?

I teach the class... It's on the campus of Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, which is part of Middletown.

for anyone on the fence about taking this class....

i took it last time around and learned a lot.

the decision for me was between buying a board and taking this class. i decided knowledge that will be with me for a lifetime was more valuable than a board that i'm probably going to eventually break.

again, it was a great experience, earl's a great teacher, i highly recommend participating.

I would TOTALLY recommend taking this class. Even if you don't end up shaping in the future it will at least help you make an educated decision about the boards you buy. You'll come out knowing just a little more about why the shaper made the board you're about to buy. My bet is that you will end up shaping your own board at least once. I'm on #4 as we speak and I foresee hundreds more. Support a program that takes the sport back to it's roots of surfers making their own boards and being 100% connected to what we love to do.

is there any possibility of running one of these classes during the summer months? i'd love to do one, but driving to lincroft from oc during the school year just isn't feasible (i'm a teacher).
    or, if we could get one going closer this way, that'd be awesome, too (cape may co. vo-tech or accc, maybe?)
    also, how much does it usually run?

There's usually one class in the spring, and one in the summer in August. The August class is the most popular and can fill up quickly. This class may get canceled if it doesn't meet minimum enrollment. Looks like we still need four more people to register.

I think it costs $179??? Not to sure about that... Brookdale sets the fee.

$179 isn't bad at all & i'll def. sign up for the august class as soon as registration is available. will the people in the spring class get bumped to the august class if the one they signed up for gets cancelled?