LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Managua meteor

Exclamation Managua meteor

Slammed into 'em last night; no-one noticed cause blasts w/shock waves common
    that neighborhood.....evidently we were almost wiped out by an astroid or something....

Images
    From the NPR article...

untitled.jpg

Images
    so, apparently they haven't found the meteor yet that made the crater.
    Sounds weird, right?

Also, glad that experts were so certain that the asteroid was going to pass by earth without impacting... I definitely didn't hear them say anything along the lines, like, some meteorites might break off and hit earth. I hope we earthlings get a better grasp on these asteroids, so we don't end up like the Dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post

Also, glad that experts were so certain that the asteroid was going to pass by earth without impacting... I definitely didn't hear them say anything along the lines, like, some meteorites might break off and hit earth. I hope we earthlings get a better grasp on these asteroids, so we don't end up like the Dinosaurs.
    you were astute to include an "eek" icon.

they are STILL NOT SURE.....wtf it was....in a city of millions there were no eye witnesses...(!!??)

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    they are STILL NOT SURE.....wtf it was....in a city of millions there were no eye witnesses...(!!??)
    still no word.
    we need to bring in the 'supermarket' media....(will you be slaying self/coed?)...

plenty more to come, with the arrival of Nibiru.

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    so, apparently they haven't found the meteor yet that made the crater.
    Sounds weird, right?

It's pretty normal, actually. But most fragments just burn up in the atmosphere. If they can see it, they can plot a course (with some ranges due to possible outside forces). As for finding pieces, that is never a guarantee. All depends on the chemical makeup of the meteorite. This is a good reason why we need more funding for NASA and less funding for the military. They are great at tracking objects in orbit, but there are a lot of unknown objects out there (probably coming from the Oort Cloud).

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-nasa-science/

NASA is calling BS on the meteorite thing. Even if it was, it is highly unlikely to be a piece of the big guy passing by.