LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My old roommate and his buddys land smaller ones from the surf at night. Ocean County, but I'm sure Monmouth is no different. They made a video

http://www.chocodog.com/chocodog/btfsVI.wmv

I've only encountered one large shark in NJ while surfing. About 8 foot. My buddy was taping us surfing so we have it on video somewhere. It was followinng baitfish, and seemed to care less about us surfing.

I spent a week in FL suring, and saw 3 while surfing.

if a shark wants to bite you, you won't see it until it's too late so relax. ignorance is bliss yo

3 springs ago I was surfing and this 3-4 foot dogfish, or brown shark came straight at me like a torpedo and ran smack into my leg. I screamed like a &!tch and headed straight in. It was obviously chasing something and I got in its way. Took me like a solid 20 to calm down wipe my pants and get back in the water. The 2 guys who were probably 50 yards north of me got out when they heard me scream. It took them less time to get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    if a shark wants to bite you, you won't see it until it's too late so relax. ignorance is bliss yo

This is true as can be. One time this past fall I was out by myself and something nudged the tail of my board hard enough to give me a slight whiplash. I immediately looked backed and all I saw was where the water had been disturbed. Never saw the thing. I just stayed as calm as I could given the circumstance and sat there as still as possible. I finally got the balls to continue my sesh, but if he wanted me he could have and I would have never known it. So just keep a sharp eye out but if it's your time well it's just your time