LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sharks make me think of steven wright - 'if you could know how and when you're gonna die would you wanna know?'

2:07-2:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITo_Ugq9bbo

yea dont surf moco too many sharks

If you've never seen a shark while surfing you're not looking.

Images
    They especially tend to come close to the shore when the winds are calm or off shore. Those conditions are most conducive to their eating/fishing habits. Also large surf stirs up the bottom and brings other predators to the surf area...which are then eaten/hunted by the sharks.

If you see surfcasters catching rays/skates, then the odds are a little better that sharks are close.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    They especially tend to come close to the shore when the winds are calm or off shore.
    Lost, so you are saying sharks like offshore winds, too?

I seen a horseshoe crab yesterday and near crapped me pants!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by captblueshorts View Post
    of coarse there are sharks in the ocean...they live in the ocean just like we live on land. dont worry about them.
    Sharks in the ocean? seriously? how'd they get there?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    I seen a horseshoe crab yesterday and near crapped me pants!!
    Haha. I once had a dream right after that damn sting ray to our beloved steve irwin that I was surfing perfect 8foot barrels. So on my last wave I pulled in super deep and the foam ball clipped me and I got pitched and slammed to the bottom. When I hit the bottom a huge mutated horseshoe crab impaled me with his spike right through the chest haha. I've never looked at one them same since

20 years ago Seals in these waters were utterly unheard of, now there are hundreds of them. I see them all winter long nowadays..on the beach, in the water, in the rivers...so many in fact that taking people on boats to watch them is a viable tourist business (see article)

so, by way of logic, if Seals are here, why would there NOT be large sharks also here, to take advantage of that food source, as well as attack surfers as they have been known to do?

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...les-fin-whales