LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it

is it worth it

So vb looks like its gonna have a little surf for the next few days FINALLY...even w the onshore winds what are your thoughts on wed morning? wed is the one day of the week i dont have to go to work at 4 am so i get to sleep in a lil but willing to go out at first light if its worth the time and effort...anyone else planning on giving it a look in the am?

Images
    it's gonna be whatever it's gonna be. Best bet is just to go check it out yourself or wake up and look at the web came before you head out. The forecasts are just that, they are not set in stone and could be off. It may say choppy but if you find the right beach it may be worth going out.

Was planning on going out, but the forecasted winds changed. It looked good with the less than 5 kt's that were predicted for wed AM, but now it looks like it'll be much windier. Gonna try my luck thursday and friday. Hope you get some, though.

I'm checking a couple spots at first light. when in doubt, paddle out.
    Last edited by VBGrom; May 11, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

depends.. are you less then a half hour from the beach. if so i say go for it. but if your like an hour then just wait for some NW winds to come by. most people bash on **** like that, but for me (hour and 15 minute drive) its not worth going to the beach unless its perfect. Im not willing to burn 20$ in gas, and an entire day just for an "ok" time.

a sh--ty day surfing beats a good day doing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    +1 couldn't have said it better myself.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    For real...I made the drive to OCNJ this morning, it was choppy, drained, disorganized, mushy, drifty, whatever but there were some fun sets coming through and I still had a good session.

Surfing is always better than not surfing...

it was decent in certin spots in ocnj today. a little mushy with few barrels but there were some decent sized sets. i had fun but when it cleans up, if it does, it will be better

last night in sandbridge was a little crazy but good fun. Some mack daddy sets started coming through around sunset. NOBODY ON IT