LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    I know a dude that trunks it at 58. I thought he was crazy but apparently he does this every year. I just don't understand how he can do this.
    Maybe he's a navy SEAL???

Sux being in a cubicle right now...

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuono View Post
    Maybe he's a navy SEAL???

hahah. yeah some people can just deal with the cold better than others. me? cold water is my nemesis

I was out today... paddled in after my boot got flushed and just took the gloves and boots off.. Felt good.. but sooo weird! haha I think im ready for 3/2

went down to Uncw for my brothers grad and been trunking it here for the last few days , Vabeach still a 3/2 though

Images
    Yeah, I thought he was talking about OC MD, which is why i commented on the 58 degrees. 64 is still cold to me, but not quite as nuts as trunking the 58 degree stuff... Down south of Buxton, im sure guys have been trunking it for a while. My family in HHI has been in trunks for a month. But the midatlantic is different. Last summer i was there the first week in June was pretty fu**ing cold in my 3/2 with no boots etc... It said it was like 64-65, but man, it felt a lot colder.

I prefer comfort though. I see no reason to trunk it until its really warm. If its not 72+, im in some form of wet suit. And even then, lets be honest, 72 is not that warm. Late July etc, then im trunking it comfortably back home... I have plenty of friend who pull the tough guy sh** and shed their suits as soon as its mid 60s, tell me "Man, I would be burning up in that wetsuit"... sure you would... Stay out for 2 hours with me and we will see if you are still alive.

An honest answer

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yeah, I thought he was talking about OC MD, which is why i commented on the 58 degrees. 64 is still cold to me, but not quite as nuts as trunking the 58 degree stuff... Down south of Buxton, im sure guys have been trunking it for a while. My family in HHI has been in trunks for a month. But the midatlantic is different. Last summer i was there the first week in June was pretty fu**ing cold in my 3/2 with no boots etc... It said it was like 64-65, but man, it felt a lot colder.

I prefer comfort though. I see no reason to trunk it until its really warm. If its not 72+, im in some form of wet suit. And even then, lets be honest, 72 is not that warm. Late July etc, then im trunking it comfortably back home... I have plenty of friend who pull the tough guy sh** and shed their suits as soon as its mid 60s, tell me "Man, I would be burning up in that wetsuit"... sure you would... Stay out for 2 hours with me and we will see if you are still alive.
    This is the most honest(and realistic) answer to the original post I have seen!

Images
    I usally trunk it after memorial day weekend I always have . I remember one year it was 95- 100 degrees for like the 2 last weeks in april I was in trunks then til october

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    I know a dude that trunks it at 58. I thought he was crazy but apparently he does this every year. I just don't understand how he can do this.
    its easy his family jewels are frozen off so he doesnt feel the cold.

Images
    It felt (close to) being warm enough to trunk it in OCMD on Friday and again today in Delaware (since it was hot out) but wasnt too sure...wore a beat up 3/2 and was toasty. Then this morning someone was surfing for at least two hours getting a bunch of waves in just boardies and rashguard. If it really hits 85-90 air temps and the wind stays offshore probably give it a go bareback after work.

Wore a 2mil spring suit at va beach on sunday and was comfortable. I believe I stayed warm due to all of the massive amounts of paddling I had to do chasing after the ever elusive knee high to gi joe waves we had.